Tony's Lamborghini Countach

Tony

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up...... I need to change the steering rack before the geo. Seemingly the rack was either mk3 Cortina, 2.8 Capri or a Granada? purely by recognition i opted for mk3 Cortina and i was right :whistle:

It's not running very well at the moment, it's either over-fueling or there's an ignition issue so i'm having it looked at tomorrow.

If it's not starting easily you could check out the TDC sensor (a common issue on other renault engines, I don't know if yours will be the same or not) which gets metallic slivers on it and stops it from reading TDC.

ttfn

Engine pre-dates a crank sensor but there is a wire that goes into the back of the dizzy and that's green through corrosion so you could be right. The mechanics are here now and working on it......

Getting parts for the 30TX V6 engine are like hens teeth, the engine i'm looking at getting is a 5.7L V8 Chevy

The smc is a great engine but if delorean parts are still readily available then I'm sure engine parts are you just need to find the right source

> there's also a difference between 140bhp and 300bhp

About 10-20mpg I would imagine :-)

The problem with any old car is always getting hold of bits, and when your kit car has borrowed bits from goodness only knows how many sources, as well as some custom stuff such as the bodywork then expect some issues to surface.

Hopefully a few months of getting over the initial learning curve will get it sorted and working.

ttfn

Apart from the difference in the sound there's also a difference between 140bhp and 300bhp

I'm not saying its not worthwhile just that the timing perhaps isn't right you haven't got any miles in it yet the engine may well be the least of your worries and you may find you have much more pressing issues than chasing horsepower