Uploading images

Tony

You can now upload images directly through wim. This decision by the committee elevates wim above the others since this privilege is free.. Another first by wim.

We need to conserve the bandwidth so you will need to control your image uploads.

Message from Scarface:-

Members can now post images on WIM.

Each member has 10mb of Global Space to use, after which they will have to delete files, before posting new ones.

If anyone has problems posting, please say so here.

Happy days :graduated:

Nice one :graduated:

Just an idea but now that we can upload images how about creating a section dedicated to just images?

Keeps them all in the same place then...

Not really possible since the image would be topic specific and violate the section/sub-sections.

What you mean is a Gallery ......... this can be done, however it's not free to purchase from Invision (company that provide forum)

Therefore, that's probably something that will be available when the membership scheme is introduced !

A gallery could be used but as we can now upload our own images with our posts I just thought a dedicated photo section would be more ideal if they aren't specific to another area on the forum?

Or I have plenty of free webspace to host my own images and I'm sure plenty of others have their free webspace via their ISP. I wouldn't mind making a little 'how-to' to help users upload/host their own images :thumbsup_anim:

A gallery could be used but as we can now upload our own images with our posts I just thought a dedicated photo section would be more ideal if they aren't specific to another area on the forum?

Or I have plenty of free webspace to host my own images and I'm sure plenty of others have their free webspace via their ISP. I wouldn't mind making a little 'how-to' to help users upload/host their own images :whistle:

ISP whats that when its at home then :thumbsup_anim:

What you was reffering to earlier, as a central place for all to see the images that have been uploaded, would be a 'gallery' this is like an add-on for the forum, something that hasn't yet been put into place :thumbsup_anim:

We did have a 'Garage' where members could list there cars / mods, but it decided to go pearshape on it's own .... and now they charge for that script ! - Nothing's free anymore :whistle:

We are back to the "Gold fee" here. As genourous as wim is there is a limit. If members want to open a Garage then try a poll and see how many would be prepared to pay the Gold fee of £9.99. Cover the cost then a garage there will be.

Yeah but if a gallery wasn't used, i.e. we host our photos etc then there should be no extra charge should there as you're not using a gallery that Invision supplies?

I just thought having a section dedicated to general images of cars, mods etc would be easier for people to find rather than have them in different sections.

Was just an idea! :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah but if a gallery wasn't used, i.e. we host our photos etc then there should be no extra charge should there as you're not using a gallery that Invision supplies?

I just thought having a section dedicated to general images of cars, mods etc would be easier for people to find rather than have them in different sections.

Was just an idea! :whistle:

Apply it then! open a section and make it happen :thumbsup_anim:

You can now upload images directly through wim. This decision by the committee elevates wim above the others since this privilege is free.. Another first by wim.

We need to conserve the bandwidth so you will need to control your image uploads.

Message from Scarface:-

Members can now post images on WIM.

Each member has 10mb of Global Space to use, after which they will have to delete files, before posting new ones.

If anyone has problems posting, please say so here.

Happy days :thumbsup_anim:

Excellent idea, Im new on here but if all this site is as good as that idea, looks like i've come to the right place

Was just an idea! :thumbsup_anim:

I think you are getting confused mate, it's not the 'storage' place that it provides, it's the 'add-on' to enable a gallery view of the images in the forum ! :whistle:

How about creating it under the general section as Images or whatever you think is appropriate?

Here you go.... http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=1008&hl=

I've sent you a PM mate ........ :whistle:

That would work but then everyone's photos will be under one thread. If this built up after a while there could be quite a few pages!

Was thinking more of a sub section under general, that way people can start their own threads for their own photos, would make searching easier anyway.

Up to you though, you're the boss! :thumbsup_anim:

That would work but then everyone's photos will be under one thread. If this built up after a while there could be quite a few pages!

Was thinking more of a sub section under general, that way people can start their own threads for their own photos, would make searching easier anyway.

Up to you though, you're the boss! :thumbsup_anim:

I see what you mean now, and that's a good idea ............ maybe something we can consider :whistle:

am i going mad here.im sure i saw a post were to put piccie's a moment ago with a pic of a flame spittin scootor.what you done with it????

went to show some 1 and it has vanished :thumbsup_anim:

am i going mad here.im sure i saw a post were to put piccie's a moment ago with a pic of a flame spittin scootor.what you done with it????

This one...

post-2-1174251894_thumb.jpg

We are testing our bandwidth and future projects. Seemingly you witnessed the testing... I apologize for the confusion.

This one...

We are testing our bandwidth and future projects. Seemingly you witnessed the testing... I apologize for the confusion.

thats the 1

no probs m8 i just had to show my m8 that scootor .i want 1....is that you on it??is it nos up or somthin

This one...

thats the 1

no probs m8 i just had to show my m8 that scootor .i want 1....is that you on it??is it nos up or somthin

Not me.......The wife! Truth is this image was from a past topic here in wim... If i recall the powerhouse is actually a jet turbine now commercially available.

blimy any idea were to get 1 from?????

my mates and i hoon about on mini moto'sin the down some disused road which is fun but dont think it

would be alf as much as blattin up and down on that monster

much faster too i would imagin.our mini moto's hit 40/45 mph but bit scary

blimy any idea were to get 1 from?????

my mates and i hoon about on mini moto'sin the down some disused road which is fun but dont think it

would be alf as much as blattin up and down on that monster

much faster too i would imagin.our mini moto's hit 40/45 mph but bit scary

Sorry you will need to Google that one. Top respect to the driver in the image though?... Well if you look the board has no castor trail so it must have been one bloody nervous drive.