Alfa romeo 156 suspension issues

bigdry

Hello, can you help me please?

I have an alfaromeo 156 sportwagon 20vjtd, 2005 reg.

I had some tyres fitted locally to me before xmas, the suspension then had 4 wheel alignment also. They seemed competant enough.

Last week whilst washing the car I noticed that the inner edges of the tyres are wearing out very fast, I returned to said local the garage and they have said the front suspension has too much negative camber… (approx 1.5 negative each side) but its not adjustable so cant do anything about it... Now I agree as don’t think it is adjustable at all on the alfa 156s as the top wishbone just bolts to the damper top mount.

So what do I do? Does anyone have experience of adjusting the front camber o these?

PS The car seems to drive fine, with no other issues.

thx

If both front cambers are wrong but about the same then it suggests the coil springs have sagged, if it was just one side then it's due to an impact of some sort.

hi tony, thx but it doesnt sit particularly low? (how do i post pics - its ask for a url???

and what what about every other lowered 156 out there? surely they cant be all eating their tyres?

or is it more the way the suspension operates with sagged springs?

I know the rear has self levelling susp as its the estate version - could this have something to do with it? rear cambers are a bit off too but tyres are fine. thx for your help.

ive asked on the alfa owners forum.

Sorry still dont understand that even if i did lower it - how would you reset camber if lowering the car effects the camber so much it wears out the tyres in 2 months, but is not adustable? Confused...