Next gen action cameras....

Tony

its a little deceptive as its not new technology, just existing tech repackaged. A super wide angle lens and the playback software (youtube) being able to render a frame from within the video. There are many many videos already online doing exactly the same thing just having been recorded from home camera setups

One or two generations in, these will be nice little gadgets to use.
Some of the in-car racing stuff is really cool with 360 video:

I'm really looking forward to trying a racing game with a VR head set.
A good friend has been making an Oculus Rift VR game, so I've seen many iterations of the hardware over the last year or so, and it's hugely impressive. If you don't already have a decent gaming pc, you're going to want around £3-4k all in to spend, trust me  :smile_anim:

(one step further but overall, just the VR set + PC is great)

With the VR headsets coming in over £700 and an entry level VR spec PC coming in at at least £650 you can do it for much less than £3-4K. But then adding at least one generation higher spec across the board for a bit of a performance buffer and a steering wheel it can easily bulk up the price!

Im super excited myself to see how VR all evolves, also means i can go to the VR cinema to watch a film without leaving the house, which will be great as the nearest proper cinema is 25 miles away!

• Like 1

You can always do things on a small budget but I wouldn't bother with this stuff, it'll get frustrating.
It just depends how much of it you already have, and I'd not buy 'the best' stuff as it'll quickly get out dated. 

Either way, it's looking great fun and trust me, once you've had a go with this stuff it'll blow yer pants off !