Lexus IS250 pulling to the left (even after alignment)

BillNick

Hi all,

I bought a 2008 IS250 back in July. The previous owner was an honest gentlemen and after looking at the condition of the nsf alloy wheel he admitted to hitting he kerb. The last service bill had tracking and a tyre included.

Then he got it MOT'd for me as part of the deal, and there was an advisory

"Inner Steering Arm Joint showing signs of play but not excessive". I called the MOT tester who explained it was very very slight and most MOT testers would not have even advised.

Bought the car and noticed a pull to the left. Check tyre inflations all ok so took it for a front wheel alignment locally that weekend. The guy that owned the tyre shop explained his alignment was perfect, so if it still pulls something is bent.

It still pulls......I can take my hands off the wheel on a slight left hand bend on the motorway and it follows the lines.

Having been very pleased with the WIM settings on my old 200, I plan a trip to WIM for a geometry and hopefully a diagnosis of the pull to the left. I want to get this done in December but in the new year I plan to change the factory 17" alloys to OEM 18" alloys. Should I wait until the 18"s are fitted or will it not make a difference on the geometry?

Any advice offered for simple DIY checks also welcomed.

Thanks
Bill