My wife's 15 year old Fiesta

P4UL T

This little car continues to impress me.

Just passed its MOT and as usual passed first time with no advisories!

She has had it from new and does very little mileage. It ticked over 12k this morning and it still feels great to drive, nice and tight. It's needed the usuals over the years (battery, exhaust and tyres) but these only needed to be replaced because to the lack of use it gets.

As of a few years ago, due to how little it's now worth it only gets serviced every 2 years (1800 miles) and when it gets warmer I will do the next one myself.

Obviously if the mileage was higher it may be a different story but over all it is great little car

W reg Rich.

When she first got it she used to just drive a mile each way to work. Then we used to commute together.Then she had a few years off work when she had the boy and now again she only commutes a mile each way to the station.

To be honest we don't need both cars, but she is a really nervous/crap driver and will not drive too far or drive my car. Additionally the Fiesta is too small to be our main car.

It is cheap to run tho. £215 a year to insure us both on it, £145 tax, £40 mot and servicing is next to nothing. A tank of fuel lasts months! So we keep it

• Like 2

They're pretty good now Fords especially that age, my Mondeo only had the rust on the arches, which most cars get anyway. Even the Accord does on one side.

It's definitely worth keeping if it's only costing that much to run, always handy having a spare car :)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That's good :)

Was nothing said about the last advisory, I take it that's actually ok?

Nope nothing at all. Im assuming it's ok, it was a different station and tester so if there was something wrong a different pair of eyes should have picked it up.

• 8 months later...