First clean of the year for the MX5!

Steve-O

Washed the mx5 yesterday after a 3 month spell in the garage. Used the last of my Gyeon wetcoat. I love this stuff - so easy to use !!

(Set up a newflickr account as well finally - FU Photobucket!!!! Its a bit of a faff though might start a new thread on that one)

25052713467_69cd47dd38_c.jpg

26051571728_a0b31ddefd_c.jpg

26051572628_e014172332_c.jpg

26051573378_8925ab7e3b_c.jpg

Snowfoam gun was a fail - its all gunked up from being stored badly over the winter so i need to strip that down and clean the mesh. But otherwise this was a quick 2 hour wash, with Bilt Hamber Korrosol being the biggest win of the day - amount of crap that it pulled off the paint!!, bearing in mind last time it went into the garage it had a fresh application of wet coat it must of picked up a load of debris from my garage roof. Looked like actual rust on my panels but this ate it away and the issue disappeared.

Also tried some of my new jumbo drying towels, didnt realise what i was missing. Makes drying the car a really fast process.

Bad times though - my trusty detailing wheelie box that i use to cart all my gear from the back garden, down the side alley to my drive has a broken hinge. It was a touch small for all my gear in reality so now looking for a replacement. Any suggestions ?

Cheers!

Steve

• Like 1

Korrosol is a iron/fallout removal spray that you apply and dwell then wash off with high pressure water. It removes iron deposits and other nasty environmental stuff that lands on the paint through normal use and can damage the paint. Washing alone won't get it off and you ideally don't want to clay the car with anything like that on there.

The spray turns purple as it reacts to contaminants so you can see it working. Once it's blasted off you have reduced the amount of microscratches you are introducing to the clearcoat. It's one of those things that if done regularly will make cleaning easier and keep the paint looking great. The gyeon wet coat is a massive time saver if you don't have time or can't be arsed with polishing/waxing like me.