Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

NS all done and painted....Loads of hassle with the jacks and heat but that's it... Downside and there has to be a downside, i snapped one of the wheel studs but I'll deal with that another day.

Today was wax and polish....In the heat it wasn't a pleasure but i was compelled to do it.... Tomorrow i'm going to re-dye the soft top then seal it again.. I'm a little nervous about doing it but I'll be mad not to do it since i have all the dye's and so on.

Calipers painted and decal

post-2-0-21931300-1525939782.jpg

post-2-0-09257500-1525939795.jpg

As some know the correct F360 glass is more clear than the replica glass so after much prating about trying to hide where the engine stops and the boxed area it's in. So i decided to tint the upper 1/3....For once it actually went well..

post-2-0-15460400-1525939950.jpg

post-2-0-52671800-1525939960.jpg

Thanks...... It seemed the best way to hide the blank area above the engine, and trust me i've tried many things... Also today i've changed the Ferrari logo's on the wheels centre caps since the old one's had faded.

Yeah, i sent the others back... Believe it or not i totally forgot i could use the compartment doors??... The amp is set with about a 40/ 60 split between the front and rear speakers. The 40% is just under the distortion window for the fronts.

That looks ok , how does it sound ? 

I did my sons C1 a few weekends back , new front speakers and then made a rear parcel shelf out of MDF and audio cloth to mount 2 x 6x9's , along with a new headunit , he is thrilled 

JzuMfLib.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As some may know i hit the NSR on a fence post trying to avoid the poxy cat...Luck or not it left some deep scratches... So I've decided to repair it myself..First the fill and sanding

post-2-0-95215800-1527427110.jpg

Once done i used a wax and oil remover the sprayed the etch undercoat

post-2-0-11972900-1527427170.jpg

post-2-0-52843400-1527427183.jpg

I'm going to give that a day to dry, plus i'm worrying about rain today?

Also i have sprayed the vent grills matt black

post-2-0-45963500-1527427269.jpg

post-2-0-76998500-1527427279.jpg

I'm going to do the lower vent grills once i've dealt with the rear wing..... If this all goes well i'm going to repair, fill and spray the cracked window pillar, that way the bodyshop can stick their £1000 quote up their arse.

I finely wet & dried the colour coat and it was clear the paint shade was wrong BangHead.gif..... All i could do now was to sand the colour coat down to the primer and then add one coat of gell..... Gutted i spent a few hours online and i believe i've found the correct Ferrari paint code. This i'm going to get mixed tomorrow.

In summary it's been a wast of time and money but at least it's lead me to the correct code " i think".

Its a custom paint job though , not factory paint, you will never match it yourself you will need a professional to play around with the colour , this is where the true skill of a painter comes in 

That may be so but if i can find the colour then I'll do it myself. The Azzurro California 524 paint i had mixed today and it's wrong ( to dark ) so i'll check again because there was other blue Ferrari colours for the 360's year 2003