4 sisters and a brother riddle....

Tony

It's because the board script that brings it in is getting flagged as malicious.

Your certificate is valid until March so sure it's not linked to that.

There is either a genuine piece of script that is malicious or the site has been marked by one of the many legit malware/spam/phishing lookup tools. This could be an old or new script somewhere linking externally that is triggering it. You can get google to review it which will update the others. Tony, you can request a review here but it has to be done from the board admin. It could also be that you are using mixed content. (http and https - try using all https).

In Chrome you can get around it by loading unsafe content. (There isn't any on this page so far, I fired up in a VM). Look at the end of the address bar at the top and you'll see the unsafe content warning shield. Click on it and then click on  'load unsafe scripts'. The page will reload and work correctly. 

c13e61708065763.PNG

In Firefox it's in the left of the address bar, "disable Protection on this page". In IE, it is "show all content" at the bottom of the page. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that Geoff. That's not something I've dealt with before so I'll look in to it. I use the forum on my mobile 90% of the time so haven't experienced any of what's been happening.

Can you recommend anything to check if malicious scripts have been uploaded? I'm hoping there aren't otherwise the host would've taken everything offline like last time. Could it be possible this is happening as a result from when it was hacked back in April? Although it's been fine since.

It's a difficult one to determine short of going everywhere on the site and monitoring what it does and where in turn it goes. I did a bit of playing last night and couldn't find any but not navigated the entire site.

The Google review is very intensive and why it needs to be done as a board admin - it runs a googlebot to check every  page so you must allow access. Don't worry it is safe to NSA standards.

• Like 1

Doing a bit of crawling through the site I would suggest you have an advert that has changed or something else that can be changed externally like a pointer to somewhere else.

Seems like a looping error at root level which will give problems throughout the site, not just the forums. It's hard for me to determine externally because I can only see the response form - the page is built up server side then served so I'm not seeing how it is built up. IPBoard is quite secure in this respect.

• Like 1