Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

I just feared the rear calipers were going to fail due to it standing for so long and they are around £200 each... I dodn't recon brakes because it's a pitted piston that's the problem so new seals and alike won't last long.

I've had the door card off and these are to small

post-2-0-65120800-1523022899.jpg

So that's two sets I've tried now and i'm getting fed up removing the cards... So now i've decided to get a "boom box" that will sit in the luggage bay behind the seats....What i need to decide is do i connect it directly or go wireless.

So why can't you send the speakers back as unsuitable? How long have you had them and where did you get them from.

Until you sort out the OEM speakers that are in the doors there is not point in putting a boom box in.

Only had these a week and the OEM door speakers are ok to a point. I think they are struggling with the base hence the reason for the boom box. The tweeters are ok as is the voice so i think i'm best leave them be.  

I've had the door card off and these are to small

So that's two sets I've tried now and i'm getting fed up removing the cards... So now i've decided to get a "boom box" that will sit in the luggage bay behind the seats....What i need to decide is do i connect it directly or go wireless.

I did tell you that!

Why didn't you measure them while the door cards were off but it looks like you need 6" speakers.

I didn't measure because I've moved on plus the wiring on the new speakers needed re-routing/ cutting and splicing and I'm not doing that. A box in the boot space will only need wire running under the centre console.

Tony... Listen to us!

A 'boom box'in your boot will sound sh!t.

Buy a decent set of 6" speakers (we can help you!) and they will be well worth it.

You don't go to a live performance and turn you back to the stage or cover your head in a blanket, do you?!?!

All the 'good sound' should be coming from in front of the listener. Any bass that you want can come from anywhere in the car as is unidirectional.

My old car had 2 good quality 6" mid range speakers in the from door cards.. 2 1" silk tweeters in the dash and a 10" sub in the boot.

The speaker in the front where also amplified from the Headunit.

Most people could not believe the quality of audio from a couple of speakers and a small sub.

Choose your install carefully and you will love the audio in your car.

Choose it badly and you will hate even listening to the radio.

• Like 1

I didn't measure because I've moved on plus the wiring on the new speakers needed re-routing/ cutting and splicing and I'm not doing that. A box in the boot space will only need wire running under the centre console.

I had already told you what size you needed from a 2 minute Google search, you would've found that out had you done the same.

I think you are buying the first thing you see without thinking about whether it'll fit or if it's any good. There's no rush. Take your time and find some decent speakers in the correct size. They will be a straight swap without any rewiring.

That's some good advice from Adam.

But they didn't fit cos you didn't find out what size you needed first and kept buying blind. You wouldn't just grab the first set of springs off the shelf and expect them to fit the car you're working on.

The door cards shouldn't be a problem, get the same size that's already in there and they'll be a straight swap. The only time you might get an issue is if you use an adapter and it pushes the speakers further out so they're closer to the door card.

Issue i have is the OEM speaker is held in a plastic frame whereas the one's i've bought don't have the frame so they sit to deep. I could mount the speaker directly to the inner door frame but the speakers outer ring is then to small to fit in the card. This is why i'm thinking about leaving the speakers where they are and fit the new ones to the plastic ( now leather ) cubby hole covers that covers the boot space.

Tony. Please provide a picture or two. It will help us, help you!

Normally factory fit speakers do come moulded in a plastic ring.

It's quite normal to have to buy speaker adapters 😊 when fitting new speakers

I'll have to dismantle the door card  again... The speakers plastic frame is quite large, i thought the speaker was part of the card but it's not..It's bolted directly to the inner door then there's a spacer then the card and then the mesh so any speaker i can think of will be countersunk?

The speaker has to be bolted to something sturdy Tony hence them being bolted to the metal door inner skin.

The holes for this mounting are specific to your car.. So you will need to buy plastic or wood speaker adapters that you bolt directly to your door then you attach the speaker

Next stage is a Momo steering wheel who make wheels for some Ferrari sport options

post-2-0-27023500-1523264020.jpg

I will also need a Boss to complete the instillation. Some colour options below but I've gone for the blue one

post-2-0-03940200-1523264162.jpg

Obviously I'll have to keep the OEM wheel for the airbag/ MOT/

Things have been a little static thanks to the weather so today i worked inside the car... I removed the instrument cowling, the dial visor and finally the cluster. My mission is the change the instrument lights, clean the dials and replace the cowling with a new one.. It must be the easiest dash to remove in history... The outer facia just pulls off, the clear facia is a simple click in and the cluster is three cross screws. Total removal time 5min smile_anim.gif ...Initially i had difficulty getting the facia out until i realized the steering column was adjustable ohmy.png  

I also got the MoMo steering wheel today and i'm itching to get it on but alas the boss is still in transitthumbsdown_anim.gif