Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

Next stage nearly complete. The current number plate is B11 YLL "Billy".. I've had that plate for sale for nearly a year and valued at £1100, well i finally have a taker and close to home, needless to say the replacement will be

T80 DNA which with a little bit of tinkering will read TBO DNA "Turbo DNA" or "Tony Bones DNA". I've taken a dive regarding my plate since the replacement which the buyer of my plate has to pay is around £400... What are the odds someone called Billy want's to buy my plate at £1100...Very low odds methinks.

Cars in the bodyshop now but what trauma it was getting there?....Elaine knew a way into Berkhamsted but without having to drive into the town centre since the car has trouble on the speed humps. So plan was follow her, drop the car off and a lift home, sounds simple "you would think!".. I followed her on the bypass totally aware i don't know where i'm going. A mile or so in she pulled out to the fast lane with me close behind, but then we were hitting 60mph, 70, 80, 90. I'm thinking bloody slow down woman. After miles of fast lane then back to the inside lane I'm beginning to wonder where the hell is she taking me. As the road signs flew past with names i recognize as miles past where i though we was going i pulled over..... I called her saying "what the fu&k are you doing!"... Only to be told i was following the wrong BMW....He must have thought i wanted to race....So i did a U-turn in the country lane and got beached on a pothole :crying_anim02:....A good 30min trying the rock the car off/ out of the hole with much scraping and crunching i got out.....

What are the odds on a black 3 series BMW in front of Elaine and me thinking it was her...The driver must have thought i was some posh idiot wanting a race in rush hour traffic...

PMSL

That really made me laugh Tony.

I have another result today... The company i was buying the paint from recommended the place where i had it sprayed and they said the paint for the car would come from where i was using. So today i went to the paint supplier saying the sprayer was going to give me a small time for touching up, so since they had the paint code the bodyshop used they made me a tub and more importantly i now have the code :whistle:

It is Debeer Water B/C Ferrari 750 Grigio Alloy Metallic :D

Has anyone use this before

post-2-0-07706100-1531684179.jpg

Description

This automotive spray paint is perfect for adding that tint effect to your windows for that added privacy and gives and excellent coverage and adhesion. The 200ml can of spray paint features a quick and easy spray nozzle to help minimise the loss of paint during a spray, this paint comes in a semi-transparent black paint.

Reason i ask is the engine cover again? As said before the new Ferrari glass has more surface visibility so it shows where the dummy engine ends. I've tried several types of tint and they either don't stick or are to dark so after many £loads i thought i would try the spray but it's new territory for me?

Well with the spray you won't know how light or dark it is until you have tried it. I used a similar spray many years ago on the dome of a Messerschmitt KR200 and it wasn't very successful, you could see spray marks everywhere so I kept doing thin coats to make it look a bit better.

Try it on something else first to get the hang of spraying it and to try and judge the level of tint. Mask off a glass milk bottle or something similar :)

I understand and for that reason I'll test it first, my hope is there is some truth about the product that It'll do as promised. Failing that i will get it done professionally. I just begrudge paying for something i could do myself. 

Wiring help team wim.....I've bought another one of these...

AIRBAG EMULATOR

post-2-0-08019700-1531900260.jpg

I've bought some in the past but never had any luck connecting them to the airbag connection. Thinking the issue was because i've been using generic units I've decided to buy one specific to the MR2. Problem i have is the connection is the same but in the image for the side airbag there's a yellow connector

post-2-0-38902000-1531900543.jpg

What is it? or how can i modify the two pins coming out of the resistor so i can plug it into the airbag wiring?

Now i have the correct paint it was time to finish the centre console so i had..

1X Etch primer

1X Blue colour coat

1X lacquer

Here it is for colour comparison

post-2-0-01507000-1531930581.jpg

post-2-0-80910200-1531930615.jpg

All done with my electric spray gun

post-2-0-76963100-1531930661.jpg

And here it is in situ

post-2-0-55108900-1531930743.jpg

Next mission is the door shuts. The worrying part is the centre console used 500ml so i've bought 1ltr at a cost of £90 :o