My E60 530i

SHAHZ

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i spotted where the water was coming from the first time i saw a puddle on the drive!  just need to keep an eye on it to make sure the expansion tank isnt cracked as they are prone to getting hairline cracks.

Re the injectors, unless anyone can think of anything else, ive replaced the plugs and coil packs with no joy, i think the injectors are the next step?

Fault codes have been cleared, next time it happens, i might swap the injectors from 5 and 6 which are the culprits misfiring to another to see if the problem follows

Good idea getting the door handle with no lock

December 2015, I came out to this

IMG_8733.jpg

What was left of the barrel
IMG_8734.jpg

They had unlocked the car, however luckily my car has had the security update that prevents the windows from being rolled down, if it had, they could have reached down to the OBD port without the alarm going off and reprogrammed another key!

Passenger side door handles don't have key holes, my solution, I got a right side door handle from a left hand drive car

3F13403D-CBA6-452E-BC4C-02D531A988BE.jpg

It has a visible key hole on driver side with no cap, passenger side has no key hole at all.

I got a passenger side handle carrier from a left hand drive car, which replaces my driver door carrier that had the key hole, so now neither side has a keyhole!

• 5 months later...

In July, Thames water were fitting water meters on the road, they sent out letters in advance etc, however as i already one, didn't pay no attention!

Got home in evening to they had left a nice gift of mud and scratches.... was fuming and wasn't until later in the evening that I thought to check the CCTV, where I found they dropped the barrier on the car when doing the neighbours meter.

Typical, mrs was home all day and they came and knocked 2 mins after she popped out, they started the work regardless :censored:

She told me when she got home, they had piled up what they dug out right in front of the car as high as the bonnet, watching the cctv, they dig very deep and the guy was pushing and shoving the shovel everywhere!

C861D4F8-AA08-4511-8F32-F1E47BC3DF82.jpg

517D8FA2-EA50-40DB-BC71-759CDE773609.jpg

63D46097-C42D-43D3-9004-44CBAF679946.jpg

3BD0BA6D-C880-45AA-9081-63C0FB52F8C5.jpg

They paid for the bumper respray and whilst it was in got the bonnet resprayed and wind blended!

845ad1ce-ab9b-4db6-8de0-1f9b30dfb918.png