Black and Decker PAD1200 Car Vac

Rich

I want to get something for the cars that isn't a £200 Dyson! This seems good, gets great reviews and videos show it sucks ok. But lets face it all these kind of Hoovers aren't as powerful as a mains powered one.

I just want it for the mohair roof, dust and a quick hoover in between proper ones.

Does anyone have one or recommend one for a similar price?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002JCSCUW/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=3NCZ6XBWTXGYS&coliid=I1ZIF680YG3N00&vs=1

I have also seen a cordless Bosch one that uses the same batteries as my drill but it's £50 so not so sure about that one. I just don't want to buy it and think it's crap, although I guess I could return it.

Haven't tried my new Dyson on the car yet, tomorrow or the weekend probably. But I think the unit may be a bit big but I have got the accessory kit that may solve it. I'm sure with the suction it will be better than any vacuum I've used on my cars over the years.

The Dysons are a bit of a pain. Our handheld doesn't work properly any more, and looking online it seems to be a common issue.

And it's still not as useful for vacuuming the car as that B&D seems to be. I'm tempted to get one!

I have noticed there are quite a few faulty ones for sale on ebay so maybe that's not such a good idea.

After researching the B&D one abit more I came across this one that had been recommended as an alternative, which is mains powered but handheld. There is £16 difference in price but it's still nearly £50 for another vacuum although it could also be used around the house as well, which is a bonus.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AEG-AG71a-RapidClean-Handheld-Cleaner/dp/B00F3U1R4A

Still thinking about it, I'm wondering how much an old cordless Dyson is in comparison.

This is the Bosch one I also saw - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MW8KPEE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1441836033

Rich, that advert looks like it doesn't come with a battery or charger!

That's correct Nick, it's just the bare tool and you need the P4ALL batteries to run it, which I have 2 of and the charger with my drill but it's still pricey so have ruled it out. Plus it doesn't look as versatile as the others.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i tried my Dyson cordless and although it does the job it's a bit fiddly in the corners and slopey bits as you need to attach the short flexible and a crevice tool and then hold the Dyson in one hand and the crevice tool in the other.

So I ordered this last Wednesday and it arrived on Friday morning so tested it out as soon as I got home.

It's very light so easy to hold, the hose is a great idea cos it makes the vacuum much more functional than those that just have a mouth at the front, which you can't get into a lot of places. It comes with a brush (can be used without bristles, it folds over) and crevice attachment plus a nice roomy bag to put it all in.

The power cable is long at 5m, I can plug it in and easily get to the boot and roof with it. You can also wind the power cable on the reel and clip it in place, which is a brilliant idea. The flexi hose is 1.5m long when stretched out, I could place the vacuum on the seat and do a footwell without over-stretching it.

I have used it on the MX5's roof and interior, plus the Civic so far and for a quick clean up it's brilliant. Most of what's on the roof brushes off but the vacuum picked up the rest. I will say that if you have anything stuck in the fibres on the roof or mats it will need brushing first, it won't have enough suction to pull them out.

So for £25 I would definitely recommend this if you just want to do a quick tidy up but you need to be realistic about the suction, it will be no where near the power you imagine it is. However, it does work well and I'm glad I bought it as it saves lugging the extension cable and house vacuum outside, which I'll just use for a deep clean now.

I did take a couple of videos and will post those once I've uploaded them.

WP_20151002_13_13_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_14_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_14_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_15_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_15_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_16_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_16_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_41_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_42_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_13_42_16_Pro.jpg

I use the Gtech Multi cordless, it's great and the lithium battery lasts for a good half hour of continuous use. Charges quickly too. Also have their cordless strimmer and extendable hedge trimmer which are also great as I don't have to mess with extension leads.

Videos added to the above post.

I use the Gtech Multi cordless, it's great and the lithium battery lasts for a good half hour of continuous use. Charges quickly too. Also have their cordless strimmer and extendable hedge trimmer which are also great as I don't have to mess with extension leads.

I've not used one of those and while they do look good they are also 10 times the cost of this.

Videos added to the above post.

I've not used one of those and while they do look good they are also 10 times the cost of this.

true but they can be used around the house as well