Steve-O's MX5

Steve-O

• 3 months later...

So its been a while since anything has moved on. The car is now running more happily since the MOT and awakening debacle! I had an exciting commute into work one morning a month or so ago where i started to notice some large amounts of steam rising from the engine bay when in traffic. It was a wet day so it was disguised a bit but something wasn't right!!

I managed to get to work after smoking everyone out and took a look. Looks like the new mishimoto radiator i had installed had been punctured by the aftermarket fans central nut. Coolant was p**sing out!! It seems an intercooler pipe may have moved a bit and pushed the fan into the radiator causing the leak :

20170328_143133.jpg

So later that day i filled the car up and somehow managed to get it home without overheating. Ordered a new radiator but this time i decided to get serious with the fan mounting situation. A proper alloy mounting bracket and a motorsport grade SPAL fan and i had to bit the bullet and fit this one myself. Sometimes its the only way to get things done the way you want :

20170328_143119.jpg

Since then the cars been absolutely sweet. Switching from 2 universal fans to a single SPAL has not seen any loss of cooling in fact i think its better now since the SPAL is powerful enough to keep temps under control when stationary, however having a section unimpeded means that the cooling when moving along works better than before. 

Fast forward to end of April - the car has been running well however i've come to the decision that its time for a change.... The supercharger is coming out and one of these is going in :

-TO4B81-3520964299-A3520964299-352096439

The car is away now having a conversion, which is is now turning into a significant change in setup (and increase in power hopefully!).

More on this to follow soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

So initial numbers are in post turbo conversion :

204.7BHP On Actuator (7psi) and 233.5BHP on high boost (11psi). Torque peaks at 225ftlbs at around 5k.

I've not driven it yet but i'd imagine that might require my full attention when driving :lol:

Oh there will definitely be some squat when launching, i anticipate not so much once on the move. When i get to drive it i'll know more. The meisters are set about 5 clicks off full soft at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Well done Photof**ket for destroying mine and everyone elses blogs on the internet.

Looks like this is the end of the road for the blog guys - no way on earth i am going back and fixing all these links.

Looks like i will be logging into photobucket and deleting my account - whoever come up with this plan was obviously a a complete c**t!!!!

Hope it was of interest over the years and maybe even helped some people, I know a lot of people were looking at it that didn't register on the forums. If you are one of those people please do come and register we could do with some decent content and we all love to gawk at your rides :D

Cheers

Steve

Well done Photof**ket for destroying mine and everyone elses blogs on the internet.

Looks like this is the end of the road for the blog guys - no way on earth i am going back and fixing all these links.

Looks like i will be logging into photobucket and deleting my account - whoever come up with this plan was obviously a a complete c**t!!!!

Hope it was of interest over the years and maybe even helped some people, I know a lot of people were looking at it that didn't register on the forums. If you are one of those people please do come and register we could do with some decent content and we all love to gawk at your rides :D

Cheers

Steve

Yes its a real shame , cant understand the decision at all

Yeah I know rich but I'm fuming with Photobucket. A lot of time and effort to upload and link in and given no warning so I could transition. Amateur hour and in any other place heads would roll for s**t like that.

I don't have the time to start again. I struggle to get on here anyway.

F*ck them I hope they go under. Service was slow and riddled with ads and poor design anyway.

Yeah it stinks - I wonder if they'll backtrack, is anyone seriously going to pay £500 a year when there are plenty of free alternatives. Even cheap hosting and a domain name would cost well under £100 a year.

Yeah it stinks - I wonder if they'll backtrack, is anyone seriously going to pay £500 a year when there are plenty of free alternatives. Even cheap hosting and a domain name would cost well under £100 a year.

I think when they see the traffic drop they will realise what a mistake they have made, Facebook for example makes £1 billion per 1/4 from advertising alone , its all about traffic