Next Tesla Roadster.....

Tony

Not just yet - I've driven quite a few recently and the deal breaker is cost and range on the battery. Try driving that Tesla in the lake district or west wales in sport mode in mid winter and I bet you'll be lucky to get 100 miles out of a full charge...

It's said 2018 will be the year of the electric car.....

We drove the i3 earlier this year. Very impressed really it's quick and nice to drive. The range is more than enough for us and the rex engine is the safe choice. I did read that they had all been recalled in the US due to failing crash tests but need to find out more

the crash tests in the USA, and especially California are way too stringent. it was always said that the tests were put in place to put non American cars at a disadvantage - a lot of American cars are huge and they breeze through while smaller European cars keep failing

Sadly whatever the range promised half it in the real world.

or even less!

We drove the i3 earlier this year. Very impressed really it's quick and nice to drive. The range is more than enough for us and the rex engine is the safe choice. I did read that they had all been recalled in the US due to failing crash tests but need to find out more

yeah I drove it and loved it. the one I tested had a BMW motorbike engine as a backup. pricey but well made, standard for BMW I guess