Oh nuts I've damaged the F360.....

Tony

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think there is a glue used on fibreglass that remains flexible which might be a good idea because the crack must be at a stress area? I'm just surprised the bow in the wing has gone meaning during the inspection today they must have released tension from somewhere?

Heard nothing over the weekend so i emailed him yesterday and still nothing :thumbsdown_anim: ... In truth i'm not that fussed about it now the wing is sitting correctly although i do want the crack repaired.... If needs be I'll leave it until next year.

If you've had two quotes at £800 then that must be right. I guess it depends if you want a good job made of it or a crap one, which will probably mean getting it done again in a year or two.

I'm gutted because now the wing has returned to it's correct shape all there is now is a thin crack so £800 hurts. I'm almost tempted to do it myself providing is can get a few cans of spray paint with the correct colour.

I'm gutted because now the wing has returned to it's correct shape all there is now is a thin crack so £800 hurts. I'm almost tempted to do it myself providing is can get a few cans of spray paint with the correct colour.

Unless you've done it before don't even bother, you will make a mess of it!

Have you told them the wing no longer needs aligning and it's just the split that needs to be fixed?

No.... I can get to the top and door side of the crack. I'm now thinking the fibre glass filler might be to thick to get into the crack?... So i think I'll try and at the same time bond the lower wing to the sill.

Wouldn't have thought it would be much good if it's going to be visible. If it was me I would get a really good super glue suitable for plastics, put a screwdriver or even half a peg or similar small wooden wedge into the crack to open it up, apply the superglue following instructions and put a cloth over it with a hefty weight and leave for 24 hours.