New Forum Software

I'm sure you've all noticed we've updated the forum software. It will take a while to get used to but I'm sure you will all grow to love it!

I've been adding several applications, which you can see the tabs for at the top of the forum. Some are for gold members only ( I'm still working on sorting the arcade out) and some are open to everyone. I think they are the same as the previous forum apart from I've added the Members Map. Here you can add your location, I suggest you just put the town rather than postcode. I have also entered both of WIM's locations on here with contact details. In time we will also be adding a news and reviews section to the tabs.

On the main forum index you will notice there are several widgets on the right hand side. These include a list of recent topics, the shoutbox, birthdays, calender events (as and when they're entered) plus I will be adding more as the forum progresses.

If anyone wants to suggest adding something to the forum or needs help in anyway just post here :)

"Mark forums read" at top would be nice :)

Click the quotes next to each forum to mark them read.

Back to top on the bottom would also be good.

Told you where there was the other day when you asked! :rolleyes:

"Mark forums read" at top would be nice :)

Click the quotes next to each forum to mark them read.

Err, what quotes? Do you mean "" ""? If so I can't see anything like that.

A simple "Marks forums read" button would be so much better - just like the good old days!

Don't particularly like the increased reliance on rather more hidden aspects like hovering cursors to get links - not exactly intuitive.

Just found it right at the bottom, 'Mark Community Read' and you can choose from there :)

Yes I mean those "" marks next to each forum in blue and green.

I found the "Mark Community Read" link now, right at the bottom thanks, although not a convenient place as its quite a long scroll down. Why not have it up near the "View New Content" button like before?

Still can't find the "" marks next to each forum in blue and green though - here's the top half of what I can see, is this different to what others see?

WIMhome.jpg

yes, "'Mark Community Read'" needs to be at top ( as I said ) and it should mark all forums not give you the choice ;)

I'm not too sure about placing it at the top (if I can) as it might make it abit crowded. It's not really that much effort to scroll down though and how many times do you really need to use it. I never once used it on the old forum. It does mark all of the forums if you choose all.

Ah, I've found the quotes now - on the home page and not on the New Content page.

Still struggling to find my way around this new layout but I suppose it will sink in eventually.

Yes the forums would have to be marked when on the homepage if using those. It will take a while to adjust but like anything new once you've used it for abit it just grows on you...hopefully.

I just tried to "Like This" on someones post, and I get the error message "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day", despite never having liked anyones posts before.

Should work now. It must be set on 0 by default so increased this to 50 likes a day, should be more than enough!

• Like 1

I'm not too sure about placing it at the top (if I can) as it might make it abit crowded. It's not really that much effort to scroll down though and how many times do you really need to use it. I never once used it on the old forum. It does mark all of the forums if you choose all.

I used it after every visit to the forums on the old software.

I used it after every visit to the forums on the old software.

Me too.

sorry haven't read most of the above but i noticed a few oddities that you might/might not be aware of:

-The HTML formatting code is shown in email notifications making it more difficult than before to read messages

-Clicking through on the links in the notification emails sometimes takes me to the WiM homepage rather than the message

-I got locked out this morning and had to wait 30 minutes before i had entered my password incorrectly? I had no way of letting you know something was going on i just had to wait :)

Not the end of the world - just thought you should know :)

I don't use notifications so will look into those.

I've changed the locked accounts to 10 minutes now and you get 3 goes before it's locked. You could use the email address on the website to contact us or it's richard(at)wheels-inmotion.co.uk.

HTML emails is not turned on, you receive plain text but with unparsed html code, it's a bug of this version unfortunately. I have turned HTML emails on, see what you receive but it might not contain any links.