separate shock and spring using ride hight adjustable plates

jammy

What's peoples experiences using these? Common set up for mk4 golf platformed cars,my mates a3 has been on front coilovers and these plates on the rears,aside from the n/s/f camber issue the back end never felt right in the bends and early go in a straight line.this got loads better after its alignment set up.visual inspection should nothing wrong with the car or its original parts so looked closer at the rear end.i know these plates are supplied on a wide scale but Imo there a hindrance to the car as that dont sit well on the beam and although bolted down tight thay manage to move about :s so I've taken them off now 😊 car is slammed propper but now is going straight and points where you want it to 😊.modified cars eh hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it does mate..dosnt have a rubber matt though as spring locates around a dome on the axle.. The cars now 100mm drop easy and drives 95 percent spot on now..got a hub on order,just a case of when customers free to have it fitted 😊 I have talked them into a road trip to wim in the near future too 😉 I've got the lovely job of poly bushing the car too

• 2 months later...

Top mounts done as were easiest to do lol..got read axle ones next..just need my removal tool back 😅 aka mini concrete breaker and there coming out.easy enough to fit the polys in them.and the wishbones will be dropped off somewhere for someone else to deal with 👌 cured the camber issue too..(bent shock seemed to be the cause

I remember when did the Astra rear bushes I tightened them up in the air 😅 wasn't yo great on the road :unsure: Best thing is the car will be mine in two months 😊