My F360 wish list.....

Tony

I've decided to keep this out of my F360 blog since it will show fitting and results...

Has anyone here fitted a short shift, quick shift?.. I can get this for £28

post-2-0-65648100-1515081604.jpg

I've also been looking for a H-Gate shifter since this is more fitting for a Ferrari but i cannot find a six speed with a left forward reverse position, unless you know otherwise? The example image is for a Hyundi

post-2-0-39016500-1515082670.jpg

Now i have the correct OEM rear glass i need to upsize the engine cover but although i've seen loads of examples i cannot for the life of me find a seller... Unless you know otherwise?

post-2-0-84713700-1515084640.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've fitted one to the mx5 from Moss. Once the centre console is out it was 3 bolts and a cable tie snip and remove the top boot, then a second metal plate with 4 bolts and it pops out. Worst bit was transferring the plastic bush/cup thing into the new shifter without breaking it. I think this was on my blog before it took a dump.

Used a turkey baster of all things to remove the old fluid from the shifter (its a separate reservoir to the actual box) and refreshed whilst i was there.

15 min job, 3/10 difficulty cool.png The shift was already excellent - its provided a minor decrease in throw. All in it was a good move, i wouldn't say it was a must on the MX5 though!

Your recommendation tipped the boat and I'll ordered one smile_anim.gif ... After watching a vid on YT the benefit of losing the slop alone is good enough reason in my book, reason being i struggle to change down from 6th as if the gate is to small.