Hornet Outings

hms

The Hornet has a busy start to the year.

Jan 15th Silverstone, Stowe Circuit

Jan 30th Brands (Cancelled December outing, rescheduled due to bad weather)

Feb 5th Bedford GT

Reports and video to follow!

I will be sprinting again this year, but doing fewer, preferring to do more trackdays.

Bring on the fun!

h

• 2 weeks later...

Silverstone Stowe Circuit 15th Jan.

Well I'm absoulutly knackered!

Track was damp to start with but dried through the day, it stayed dry apart from a short time where there was very light rain.

My first time at Stowe start finish straight leads to hairpin, wshere the pit lane enters leading into a sweeping hairpin with a slight kink out to the back straight, end of the back strainght leads into a series of right/lefts leading back on to the main straight. The last right hander has been resurfaced with extra sticky tarmac and you can turnin 5 mph faster than the other corners! At the start of the day, these corners were very slippy, I span on my second lap as the tyres were still cold. (That's my excuse anyway!) We checked tyre pressures and corrected them to 29psi.

A dry line started coming out in the late morning, by afternoon to all intents and purposes the track was dry.

The Hornet.

The track day was run by Lotus on Track with some people there from Honda on Track. As a consequence the Hornet was the slowest car there and being overtaken by everyone else! However in the corners everything was very equal.

The Hornet, not having been used for a couple of months, was superb, never missed a beat, and is still soo much fun to drive.

Photo's and video to follow.

h

I have video that I'm working my way through.

One session I have looked at time wise, I have one lap each of 1.15, 1.16, 8 laps of 1.17, 2 at 1.18, 1 at 1.19 1 at 1.20 and 1.21.

Quickly looked at some video of Lazza , with a passenger he did a 1.15 followed by a 1.12

H

The vid I took the timings from was my last session.

Timings seem to be pretty constant with no traffic, losing time when coming off the loud pedal to let people past, the 1.21 is the lap where both the Ma5da racers went past in formation, I was watching them pull ahead, not concentrating on pushing the Hornet!

h

Ikle bit of video here, don't laugh too loud!

th_70fac8c3.jpg

think you added a letter in your link dude, this quoted one should work

thanks, thought that was whilst the video was Being set up at Photobucket.

Now I can't find by delete post button!

H