2015 Toyota Prius T spirit

liner33

• 7 months later...

Well its one year on already 

Its just been for its first service , it would have been £160 but we got 3 years maintenance thrown in when we bought. Thats oil and filter and a hybrid system check ie plugged into a machine oh and a wash

Wife still loves it , she and I have done 9400 miles this year , low for us but reflective of the fact my wife is now working in the US two out of four weeks most of the time

Nothing has gone wrong , no issues at all , its still doing low 50's to the gallon even this time of year

so far so good

Sounds good :)

Have you changed your driving style or still treating it like a normal petrol? I have been reading so much about driving hybrids and the lengths people go to just to squeeze a few more mpg out of it!

What's the best mpg you've got to a tank?

Sounds good :)

Have you changed your driving style or still treating it like a normal petrol? I have been reading so much about driving hybrids and the lengths people go to just to squeeze a few more mpg out of it!

What's the best mpg you've got to a tank?

We just drive it , dont really worry about the consumption that was never the draw of the car for the wife really , i think the best is about 58mpg but its does 50% of its time on the motorway at 70-80mph , not ideal for economy

We have had trip readings into the 70's a few times , how accurate they are i dont know  

• 6 months later...

It was very much overdue to a good clean, last polished shortly after we got it in Mar 2015 and last waxed then as well , although I have been using Envy's FA for a few months and that does help keep it nice

Needed a polish due to the scratches from the bushes as they wife drives home down country lanes , cleans up ok though , the best thing about detailing a Prius is how easy the wheels are to clean thanks to regen braking

Should earn me some brownie points :)

14238165_10154454678739664_2173418974441

14192526_10154454678624664_8300899385425

14203364_10154454680789664_7663842973997

Every time I've driven the Prius it does suck you into the game of trying hard not to let the engine fire up - so frustrating!  :lol:

. . . . . and (on the standard hybrid) pretty much a waste of effort, because you almost always have to burn petrol to re-charge the battery.

Just drive it in normal, economic style and the computer will do an excellent job of reducing waste energy.

If you have the plug-in version and are doing journeys that are shorter than the battery range, it's a different story. 

• 7 months later...

Well the Prius broke down, the 12v battery failed totally , never seen anything like it , managed to jump start it and get it running , switch it off and the battery dropped down from 14.8v to 4v within 30 seconds or so

Had to get it recovered to Toyota for £100 for the battery to be replaced under warranty and the carbon canister to be replaced under recall

Toyota only give you 1 years breakdown cover unlike many manufactures. SWMBO is very put out by the whole experience and the total lack of support from Toyota , thinking they have missed out as we were thinking of replacing it at the end of this year with a new one 

no the little 12v one in the boot , basically operates all the conventional stuff , whilst I think the main battery actually starts the car , the car wont start without this little one either

There is a port under the bonnet for the + lead and you connect the - to the engine block , its in the handbook

Thanks, I didn't get a handbook! :( I have downloaded it though so need to print those pages off.

• 10 months later...

Well its three years over ownership , we have done around 26,000 miles and its been ok apart from the battery which was done under warranty in the end and we got some goodwill out of them to cover the recovery 

Battery went flat again recent but that was out fault we left the interior light on 

So the PCP was at an end and the balloon payment is £9800 i think so we are going to keep it , I get the feeling that this March has been a bad one for car sales so there might be some really good deals in the summer but either way there is no downside to keeping it for another year or two 

Front tyres have about 4 mm left so I'll change them in 4-5k I think so that will be 31000-32000 miles out of a set of fronts , the rears are barely worn 

Wow, what tyres do you have fitted to get that many miles? I might have to try them on the Lexus!

What mpg have you been getting? We're averaging 48mpg since we got the car but aren't exactly careful about how we drive it so I've been really impressed with that.

Wow, what tyres do you have fitted to get that many miles? I might have to try them on the Lexus!

What mpg have you been getting? We're averaging 48mpg since we got the car but aren't exactly careful about how we drive it so I've been really impressed with that.

We get 54-55mpg on average but like you we arent careful we just drive it , I think the stock tyres are Bridgestones eco something but I'll take a look at some point , it has the 17" option wheels which cost a bit of economy apparently

I did a trip to Manchester last year and we got 68.7mpg according to the computer