Nissan R34 GTT

liner33

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those mats have come up really well, is that just after a normal carpet shampoo?

They are a pale grey colour to match the upholstery, but they do stain brown from the mud that I trail onto them. It all seems to be on the surface but I can't find any way of getting them clean again. I have tried scrubbing with hot, soapy water and various domestic cleaners. The liquids sold for cleaning car plastics don't seem to touch them.

Cillit bang works well on most things so it's worth a try but have you tried using cif? I find that works really well too, use it to clean our UPVC window frames when they are looking a bit tired and yellowed and they come out looking like new.

have you guys tried Mr sheen for wax then ? its incredible stuff and lasts loads longer than normal waxes... and it takes seconds to apply :D.

im currently trying it out on the Mrs sh*t box, but i have a few friends who use it on their brand new motors and swear by it !

have you guys tried Mr sheen for wax then ? its incredible stuff and lasts loads longer than normal waxes... and it takes seconds to apply :D.

im currently trying it out on the Mrs sh*t box, but i have a few friends who use it on their brand new motors and swear by it !

Used to use it when i was in the military if we wanted to quickly shine a car with little effort , however it washes off :):):):)

Tried Cillit bang grease and floor ???

I find that shifts most things

Thanks for the tip; it worked well and they look almost as new now. The biggest problem was to get them to dry after washing; it's not quite the greatest afternoon to be doing this sort of job outdoors.

I couldn't find any in Ampthill yesterday, but we were in Bedford this morning and bought a bottle for a quid in Poundland. It should last a year or two . . . . . :)

• 4 weeks later...

After trying and failing to source a really nice wheel and gearknob , i decided to have my stock ones retrimmed , some teaser pics the trimmer has sent me

Done in black leather with grey stitching to match the body colour

581842_508823519163675_2107693997_n_zpsa8570499.jpg
644196_510388159007211_1462180281_n_zpsac2bd3c8.jpg

I'm glad it shows up , the old wheel doesnt look too bad in the pics and it wasnt really but had quite a few knocks on it and rough patches , the gearknob had had it , the leather was damaged by rings on fingers over the years as it had a lady driver 

They both feel so much better as well

Carefully :)

Disconnected the battery , pumped the brake pedal a few times and left the car 15 mins before unplugging it and left the battery disconnected when i refitted it 

Why does the brake pedal need pumping?

Is that just for yours or all cars? All I've done is disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then unplug it. I've read on other forums people just unplug them without waiting and set them off! :lol: