Help me find a car please.....

Tony

I'll be near Great Yarmouth on Friday!

You are brave to part with £15k for a car without even seeing it, can't Elaine drive you there it's only 2.5 hours? Could make a day of it and if you want it get it transported back.

I've just found it on ebay, there isn't much of a description, I would really suggest you view it first.

Don't do it Tony, you must see it first whether you get a drive up with Rich ;) or Elaine or even get a train up there go and see it before parting with a penny.

After all:

General wear and tear, as you would expect due to the vehicle's age.

and 

sold as seen.

I can't be in a car for 2.5hrs maybe an hour simply because of my swollen liver.... The description is a bit barren but i got all my questions answered on the phone to the seller... The wear as stated in the advert is the interior as in the leather seats/ carpet and alike but i intend to change that anyway. The body kit was supplied and fitted by DD ( something ) at a cost of 20k right down to the new roof fabric.

I put the shipping quote out to tendour and have been quoted £147 with no hidden extras.

Well i've pulled out of the deal :crying_anim02: Reason being the seller stated mileage of 61k but two HPI's listed it at 101,000k?.... On reflection the clock faces have been replaced so dialling the mileometer back would be easy. To say i'm gutted is an understatement, plus i've lost the deposit for the transportation. 

TBH I thought you were rushing in to it and I think everyone was in agreement you really need to view a car first before buying it, even more so when it's a private sale.

Good you did the extra checks, are you sure the HPI is against the car and not the plate as MOT history back to 2007 looks good on mileage.

If I'd found something dodgy i'd be pleased not gutted ;)

Personally mileage matters not a jot to me , surely (and even more in a case like this) condition is everything and without checking it over first you have no idea of that , bullet well and truly dodged imo

I really cant see the sense in buying something like this unseen , a Fiesta from a main dealer yes but not something like this

It is only a 40k mile difference, maybe you could knock some cash off. The mileage isn't that big a deal especially if you'll add a turbo, the engine will be checked and serviced anyway. You do need to see it in the flesh though, you are essentially just buying the bodykit and no amount of photos will show the real life condition.

Right i've made a dissension because i just can't get this car out of my head... Elaine and myself are going to Yarmouth to see the car and stay there overnight. So the plan is go to hospital in London Saturday then make out way over there.

I've been trying to think way i can't get this car out of my head? It's not the money so i think i just want that feeling i had when i had the Lotus. I felt proud and a sense of achievement... Sadly i sold the Lotus when Lynn died and tried to replace it years later with the Lambo but the Lambo was a bit of a pup so hopefully the F360 will be as seen and i can get that feeling back. 

• Like 1

Remember it's Sold As Seen ( private sales are anyway ) but give it a good look over, a good poke, check the geometry ( :) ) and a thorough test drive. Also look at any paperwork and make sure it all adds up.

I hope he has more paperwork than that!

I would be more tempted to get another lotus. Maybe an Elise or something?

Whilst I understand the whole replica thing... It's a bit like wolf in sheep's clothing to me. With an Elise or your old Esprit it is what it is.

I don't know I could live with something that looks like a 360 but has the poke of an old horse

The paperwork looks like a V5 and some MOTs. Where are all the receipts for the work it's had done to make it look like a Ferrari, service history etc. I keep all receipts for all work garages have done, every part I buy, tyres and even the geo reports.

Hopefully it'll be in good condition when you view it.

The donor car was an import hence the mileage issues at 61k not the 101k and he has the paperwork to prove it's 61k. As said before i cannot go to the 35+k for an Esprit and i've done the countach so a 360 or 430 was next on my to do list. The 360 if i do get it is a middle age crisis car where i think i'm trying to get that Esprit feeling back plus after the last two years ill health it's kind of a reward worth fighting for...

When i sold my Esprit my head was in a whole world of hurt because Lynn had died so in truth i can't remember what i sold that for? As a kid i never had anything, in those days we didn't even have a meal some days so having survived a very deprived and abused childhood the reward of the car of my dreams really did mean something.... The 360 looks like the real thing same as the Countach i had so real or not it's more than i ever expected. 

Well I've bought the F360......

I'm really happy with the cost, look and condition of the cat but boy did we have a nightmare.....

I had the Royal Free at 11am for my liver scan. They failed to inform me about the "something" they had to inject for the scan and although i've had something similar before this stuff made me feel really odd!... Anyway after the scan we headed to Yarmouth and an hour later we was still stuck in the London traffic. Eventually we was on our way until the traffic stopped on the A11, so we sat there without moving for half an hour,,,an hour...an hour and a half. Passing in between the traffic was line after line of the emergency vehicles then we noticed two helicopters landing on the other carriageway... When we finally got moving we could see a car had done a right turn on the dual carriageway and got T-boned... Sadly killing the driver.

Finally with much arguing with the sat.nav we arrived and i had a good look at the 360 which was a better build than i thought. The engine is an MR2 with VVTI and a six speed manual which was a new one on me? Anyway a test blast later i was sold, it looks and sounds like the real thing.

Almost 12 hours later we finally got home with mixed feelings, on the plus i had bought the car, on the negative we saw someone's life taken away.

People do stupid things on the roads every day. Some days they get away with, other days maybe not. There's little point dwelling on the fact it was a bad day for someone as there's not a lot you can do about it, but remember next time you take a right on a dual carriageway and make sure you don't become a similar statistic.

As for the car, well it sounds like you're pleased with it, so concentrate on enjoying it. And when do you pick it up, or is it still being delivered?