Horror of the week 17/ 08/ 11

Tony

This is a rear tyre from a FWD car

post-2-1313607596.jpg

post-2-1313607605.jpg

post-2-1313607615.jpg

I'm constantly amazed at the condition of some tyres and it plays heavy in HOTW, but this tyre would have displayed massive clues something was wrong, here is a few clues

1: Noise like a worn wheel bearing

2: The noise of the metal casing on the road

3: Low speed rear end wobble as the distorted tyre pulsates the suspension

4: High speed vibration due to the tyres imbalance

5: Grip issues must apply

I have to conclude ignorance due to the tyres advanced condition and i salute the tyre for remaining together but i also condemn the driver for putting himself and others at obvious risk.

what was the car and who was the driver ?

with a tyre like that it must have seen MEGA miles especially since its on the rear, also the whole feel of the car whilst driving would be very bad... ignorance i think is a key part here....

im either thinking its a posh (ish) middle aged woman, or a young (ish) lad... in fact scrap the latter... im going with the posh (ish) woman.

would i also be on the right lines having a guess that its an audi... or in the VAG range ?

I definitely think this kind of thing should have an avenue of escalation. We have MOT's to check the car is road worthy but if the tyres are shot to pieces its all academic. Its bloody dangerous and the owner of that tyre could do with a bollocking and a fine IMO.

I definitely think this kind of thing should have an avenue of escalation. We have MOT's to check the car is road worthy but if the tyres are shot to pieces its all academic. Its bloody dangerous and the owner of that tyre could do with a bollocking and a fine IMO.

Hence the reason it's in HOTW, to show the world how dangerous some cars are out there and why a two yearly MOT is a very bad idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...