Toyota Sprint Series

Bazza

the Toyota Sprint Series staged round 3 of 2010 at Sculthorpe, Norfolk

A specially set up 2 mile track which consisted of concrete, loose gravel, and various vegetation :)

the WIM Starlet had a great day finishing second in class with a time of 119.47, giving an overall placement of 11th

Dave Ellen in the Soarer finished with a 120.49 and overall placement of 14th

1st place went to Adrian Smith of Fensport in his Celica gt4 with a time of 103.49 :D

in second place Jonny Milner, who rightfully had the excuse that he had competed in the welsh rally the day before ;)

Former double British Rally champion and 2009 Toyota Sprint Series champion Jonny Milner will have his work cut out when he defends two titles on consecutive days next month.

JonnyMilnerinactionintheBFGoodrichsupportedToyotaCorollaWRCwww_000.jpgYorkshireman Milner and co-driver Ian Windress from Northallerton will start the Severn Valley round of the MSA National Gravel Rally Championship in pole position on 5th June after last month’s decisive victory at Kielder gave them the championship lead.

JonnyMilnerwithhisToyotaCelicaGT4www_001.jpgStraight after the rally, Jonny will make the 226 mile journey from Powys to Fakenham, Norfolk in readiness for the third race in the Toyota Sprint Series Championship that takes place at RAF Sculthorpe on 6th June. Jonny is hoping that he will not be cursed by the gearbox issues that cost him the lead by 0.38 of a second in the second round at Barkston Heath on 4th April.

Commenting on the prospect of back to back racing, 41 year old Jonny said; “It will be a challenging and tiring weekend with a rally one day and a sprint road race the day after but both the BFGoodrich and 7 Lakes supported Toyota Corolla WRC and the Merlin International and Anglo American Oil Company Ltd sponsored Toyota Celica GT4 are performing well. It’s 20 years since I last did a back to back �" it was an eventful weekend where I rolled end to end on the rally, drove up to York hospital for x rays then set off to Rallycross at Knockhill in Scotland and won!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

overall was a good day, weather was kind up until late afternoon when a few showers appeared

the Starlet performed well all day, with the only problem being with the brake fluid, after each round the fluid was boiling away and overflowing, so an upgraded racing fluid is now on order

handling wise was near on perfect, with grip being available even where i least expected it, a little understeer was eliminated by tweaking the rear damper settings and a little less pressure in the front tyres

really pleased how Tony has fine tuned the car to be a great set up

Janey had a hard long day, having some fierce competition in her class, and then suffering a puncture

here is an inboard video

roll on the next round :D

Car went very well with a final time of 120.49 which left me 14th out of 31 overall and 5 seconds faster than a hayabusa powered Dax Rush which surprised me.

Think I could have gone even better if I’d have had better brakes………….

Video footage is of a 121.79 lap where I was experimenting with different lines/techniques as you can see the surface was interesting

Paddock at start of event

paddocke.jpg

Arty pic

lowdown.jpg

in paddock after the rain came down…..

wetjc.jpg

Some you tube footage of the second timed run

• 4 weeks later...
Nice pics.... She looks like she's behaving with good transitions but it's another poor track surface again don't you think.

surface was poor !

one set of r888's gone in a day :D

but...as everyone agreed it was a great layout, 2 miles of twisty bits with a few 120mph+ straights thrown in

car was behaving with sure grip and no feeling of stepping out

one set of r888's gone in a day :D

Wow! How many do you go through a year? :D

That track does look abit crappy surface wise!

depends on the tracks , but would hope to get 5 sprints out of a set

this was the most tyre destroying surface so far !