wim/ BB open day, new centre

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just got in from work and the grandaughter is here, so sorry mate cant make it but I will deffo get over there another time. :D

P.S dont put me on the hit list :crying_anim:

Its tomorrow Pete :D

The open day is nearly here so I would like to confirm the raffle prizes.

Raffle Tickets cost £5.00 per ticket, all proceeds to the McMillan Fund.

1st. Wheel Refurbishment Voucher £300 (4 wheels).

2nd. Tyre Voucher £250.00 (enough for average/popular set of 4)

3rd. Wheel Refurbishment Voucher £150.00 (2 wheels)

4th. Dunlop Tyre Voucher £150.00.

5th. Wheel Alignment/Steering Geometry Voucher £100.00

6th. Wheel Alignment/Steering Geometry Voucher £50.00

In addition

15% off Wheel Packages ordered on the day

15% off selected Japanese Alloys on the day

Plus we have loads of goodie bags to give away.....

We will be measuring cars for free during the open day as a health check....

That's it... I would love to see you all but those who can't attend have a great Bank Holiday..

15% off selected Japanese Alloys today.

I've just got in from work and the grandaughter is here, so sorry mate cant make it but I will deffo get over there another time. :D

P.S dont put me on the hit list :crying_anim:

Its tomorrow Pete :D

:D :D That's even worse as i'm starting the fencing in the garden as I've got the week off, why did I think it was today then (Saturday) ? I've lost track off all time lately.

Good job I didn't rush down there today then!!

If the weather there is anything like it is here I hope today isn't too much of a washout! Forgot to buy my raffle ticket aswell! :crying_anim:

I'm at an archery event, but I suspect it may finish early because of the weather, so I may be able to pop in on the way home . . . . :D

Just a quick note to say a BIG THANKYOU to Tony and his team for the open day. Real shame about the weather but I am sure everyone else who attended enjoyed as much I and my brother did.

Good luck with the new venture Tony.

Ps looking forward to the pictures that were being taken.

Mark

Just got back from MK, was a pretty good turn out considering how miserable the weather was today. Was nice to chat to a few peeps and put some names to faces.

The new place looks amazing, very slick. Everyone seems excited and enthusiastic about what the're doing. Some great cars on show too.

Oh yeah and i won 3rd prize in the raffle :D

Danny

If the weather there is anything like it is here I hope today isn't too much of a washout! Forgot to buy my raffle ticket aswell! :D

I'm at an archery event, but I suspect it may finish early because of the weather, so I may be able to pop in on the way home . . . . :)

I passed by at about five to four, but not a soul in sight, so I guess you had all gone home.

I turned south onto the M1 and was almost involved in a shunt - bloke going fast in the outside lane and ran into someone ahead of me as he pulled over. Several people stopped, but I was able to wriggle through in the inside lane and continue. That would be about ten past four I suppose. Bits all over the road, but the passengers all seemed to be OK.

Bloody hell that was close :D bet it shook you up?

Not really, I worried about the people in the cars, but they all emerged and walked about. I was doing about 70, but with plenty of room between me and the vehicle ahead, so I had no difficulty in stopping and I never actually felt in any danger. I have driven a lot of miles in my life and I don't generally "flap".

The small silver car that had the "front-end" finished up diagonally across the middle and outside lanes with severe damage to the nearside front. The other car made it to the hard shoulder. The inner lane stayed clear apart from some small black debris which I guess was probably material from the "bumpers".

One of the things that intrigued me was that I looked at the Road Traffic Agency site when I got home and a couple of times since, but there is no mention of any accident at that position (just south of junction 14) on the M1, so I guess the emergency services must have shifted it pretty quickly.

Thanks to everyone who attended and those with the best intentions to attend.

As we all know it was wet and cold, a bank holiday weekend and there's something going on regarding the Queen... Bad belly i think?

Ferrari sent us this

post-2-1338795006.jpg

post-2-1338795022.jpg

Which got kicked, poked and driven like it should be down our quarter mile strip adjacent to the centre... 0-60 was not on the agenda :D

Video footage was being taken for the web-sites so the competition Xbow took to the road, nuff said in a public forum but it broke a road rule or twenty :o

Some pictures

post-2-1338795474.jpg

post-2-1338795492.jpg

post-2-1338795509.jpg

post-2-1338795525.jpg

post-2-1338795546.jpg

post-2-1338795594.jpg

post-2-1338795619.jpg

post-2-1338795637.jpg

post-2-1338795721.jpg

Could have taken more but even i'm not mad enough to take pictures in the poring rain.

Next met..... The Dunlop open day :)

On behalf of the Omega Owners Forum, thanks to WIM for allowing us the opportunity to see the centre, and we even managed to get a couple of our members' cars on the ramps and have explained (and demonstrated in one case!) the common issues affecting them.

Sadly, I think the weather detered many, but it was quite busy by the end :D

The level of grip on the roads around the centre should be incredible, with the amount of rubber on the surface.....

Thanks to Tony and the Team :)

I would just like to say that on behalf of the Outlawjapclub, a very big thankyou to Tony for organising such a great day. We had a lovely time and are very much looking forward to our Outlaw only event.

Extra big thankyou for the first prize win too. :D The wheel refurb is something my LS430 is in dire need of. Just couldn't believe my luck with that one considering I never actully win anything lol.

Really impressive new place and will be using it as and when I need to for both my cars.

Thanks again.

Jim. (Fluff on the Outlawjapclub forum)