Nissan '12 370z GT Edition

liner33

20131210_120503_zpsqxkslevz.jpg

Bit premature I know putting up a thread on a car I've yet to collect but its less than a week and the list of things Ive already bought for it is mounting

Bottle of touch up paint

Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic kit - meant to be excellent on white cars

Audio cable

LED bulbs to convert to DRL

Already looking at some performance modifications to get it to 350-360hp up from the stock 328hp

Apparently the R35 GTR start button is a straight swap for the white one on the 370z so that will be on the list also

imagemagicphp_zps4d4824d8.jpg

First job on the list though is to paint the garage floor with epoxy paint this week

• Like 1

Right picked up my new toy yesterday

Would've struggled to pick a worse day weather or traffic wise but really wanted to collect it before xmas if possible.

Having done a bit more than a test drive I think I can comment a bit better . I tend to agree the stock exhausts are too muted , not that I could boot it but even so its far too quiet , but thats easily sorted 

Driving is great, feels well planted , hit some standing water yesterday and had a little moment but all in all feels great . Brakes are excellent , little sharp when cold but nice and progressive when warmer.

Grip is good its got the oem fit Bridgestone Potenzas on it currently. The integrated Sat Nav, head unit, phone kit is awesome , touch screen control works great.

Gearbox is good , I always think the sign of a good gearbox is you totally forget about changing gear and this does just that , can say i really noticed the shifts as well but i was on light throttle the whole time , economy wasnt bad either got around 29mpg average according to the display , a nice day would see than up 10% at least i reckon

Downsides are that exhaust , the lack of lumbar support on the seats perhaps as I had backache but that may have been that i was a bit tense driving my new car in such weather

Did a mini detail yesterday/last night , quick wash and polish will do for now , not done wheels or interior properly but wanted some protection on it as its being parked outside whilst i paint the garage floor over xmas  

P1000583_zpsaa8cce41.jpg

P1000587_zps47897944.jpg

P1000580_zps3cba395a.jpg

P1000596_zpsc8b6df0d.jpg

P1000577_zps3b667ecd.jpg

P1000591_zpsf2c50ba0.jpg

Basic slush box not dsg. Tiptronic like my Skyline but has 7 gears so has a manual mode with flappy paddles , also does the auto blip on downshifting which is cool

Really didnt like the manual in the 350z , the dual mass flywheels chatter and the transmission borders on agricultural apparently its a "feature" .

Went over to Reading with the guy who bought my Skyline to take a few pics

These are just my snaps , expecting some of his over the next few days

Apart from fitting the Blackvue the only mod so far is the number plate LED bulbs , will do the front sidelights when the weather improves its a wheel off job so I'll give them a good clean at the same time

P1000689_zpse0827282.jpg

P1000711_zpsc0d20e72.jpg

P1000727_zpsffdcc17e.jpg

P1000730_zpseee91df4.jpg

P1000747_zps2bcfcb65.jpg

P1000628_zpsdef86787.jpg

P1000642_zps4dc3a6ed.jpg