My E60 530i

SHAHZ

No idea.... If they can see a market then a short scale. Sometimes with these evolutions just getting the car and availability that's the issue. BMW are hardly going to donate a car plus there needs to be a relationship between the owner/ developer to conclude the build.

Once done if we get there then the product can be sold in the UK but not in the EU, so SUV i think that what it's called needs to be approved but this costs them £1000's . Nevertheless evolution is the key issue here so let's evolve from there :)  

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice motor! Has the lexus been given the boot then?

Dean!  how you doing fella?  Last i remember you had just bought a new place and about to have a baby?  Hows it going!?

Cheers mate, yeap, lex is gone, see here, http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=10684&p=125148  you still got yours?

Nice mod, looks great....... But i know you, your hooked now :whistle:

Cheers Tony  :) ...... gotta do somthing to pass the time hey.....Coils is what im waiting for B)  B)

Doing well thanks mate, young Anees doing my head in with all things German  :lol: he now has BMW 335d with lots and lots of carbon  ;) and the odd RS4  :D

Good stuff!  Aint seen him around for ages, has he still got the Evo then??  what you driving these days Gord?  The amount of times you change your car, you probably would have changed again by the time you come back to this thread  :P  :lol:  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So I dropped the car off to BMW last Tuesday for some warranty work, they gave me a 116d to play with. Had 17 miles on the clock so practically brand new.....nice car actually but was a manual...800 miles later and I'd had enough of it :lol: I finally picked mine up this afternoon, man I missed the auto!!!

Had a stone hit and crack the screen and on the way home last night on the loan car, told the guy when I dropped it off, he didn't seem to bothered so fingers crossed they don't charge the excess!!

530d...To be honest mate, I don't know! I was actually initially looking for a e60 535/530d which I never even drove, then a e93 330d which was small inside but awesome, deal fell through though.

Was then looking for f10 530d but couldn't find one with the spec/price I wanted, had the accident in the lex.....the 530i come up and went for it as I had been renting a car for almost 6 weeks!

From what I've heard though, the 530d are very good, excellent mpg however are more prone to problems / expensive to repair; petrol ones are apparently simpler and less likely to go wrong.....

One of my mates had a gearbox blow on his, cost about 2/3k to put right, another has a 525d which is running well!

E60 though I'm loving it so far!

crumbs.. whats the mpg like dare I ask on the 530i then? they are rather tasty motors obviously a 535 would have been a bit more fun but then they are more expensive to run

In town it's crap! Obviously depends on driving style etc but notmally id say around 15-20...on the longer runs it's better, 25-30! In the lex, a full tank (£90 - £100) used to get me around 300 miles, in the 530 a tank (again £90 - £100) gets me between 400- 450 miles and that's with me having some fun!

But compare that with the 1 sereis and the Astra/focus that id been renting, all Ds for a tank of £60-70 I was getting 450-520 a tank!

Seriesly though, the 530d is a good motor and don't be put off, as always you hear about the bad stories, not the good! Stay safe and go for the LCI (face lift) 2007 onwards, some early 2007 were not facelift, and if possible go for an BMW approved used so you have the piece of mind with the warrenty.

Face liftcars are easily identifiable by the joystick style gear lever!

That's pretty decent fuel economy, that's about 30mpg average? I'd say that's good for a car like this. Also highlights how awful the IS200 is!

Yeap around the 30 ish mark!  re the IS, absolutely!!  I used to be able to manage 350ish on IS after a service, didnt last long though!!