Skoda Yeti

Viking

Starting a new thread for this one now.

Picked it up yesterday and was disappointed with the finish (to say the least), so had a quick go this morning with a wash and polish.

yeti-1.jpg

yeti-2.jpg

yeti-3.jpg

yeti-4.jpg

yeti-5.jpg

yeti-6.jpg

yeti-7.jpg

yeti-8.jpg

yeti-9.jpg

And one of the drivers side before anything done to it. It's loads better than the passenger side anyway.

yeti-11.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not sure of the exact colour. It's a metallic or pearlescent blue anyway, so yes it does look nice when it's polished up. I need a can of spray for the passenger rear wheel arch leading edge where it's been battered with stonechips and poorly sprayed to try and hide it.

Yep, the Elegance spec came with privacy glass as standard I believe, so that's nice. I could've got a lesser spec for less money and then spent loads getting all the toys and stuff, and tinting the windows, but this is far easier.

No, why should it? Far too much been spouted about this issue from people who have nothing better to do that write to the daily mail. The car does what it does for me, and that's about all I need to know. I'm not about to start claiming compensation for buying a car, like some people seem to be doing. It can always be "fixed" at some point in the future, but right now is the smart time to buy into VAG motors. Prices are down, nothing has changed about the car or the way it performs, and other manufacturers are slowly being drawn into the same affair which will not impact on VAG values negatively.

• 2 years later...

The end is nigh for the old Yeti. Nearly three years of hard use, 50000 miles, and all that went wrong was an exhaust pressure sensor last year. Not even a light bulb needed. Tyres, brake pads and servicing etc. as required and lost £4k in value so round about £1500 per year. Not too bad really.

The new motor will be showing up next week at some point.

They really have come a long way over the years.... The younger generation will see them differently than old gits like me because i remember what a pile of poo they used to be........ So what's next on your car to get list?