Ford Galaxy Titanium X

SHAHZ

Not broken down yet ;).

How are you finding the car?

Loool! Yeah it's not too bad actually, perfect for taking the kids around! The full size seats in the 3rd row are a big help as they can sit comfortably!

Nice plate........

Cheers Tony!

Cheers! Yeah it was between this and the sharan and to be honest, surprisingly the Galaxy was better to drive and felt better quality !

I quite liked the Hyundai Santa Fe, but the 3rd row seats are not like the Galaxy/sharan seats, they are the floor level seats

That's quite interesting, I thought the Sharan and Galaxy were basically the same car? Galaxy definitely looks better though so would get my vote purely for that!

Out of the 4x4s I think only the XC90, Q7 and Merc GL have a proper 3rd row of seats - possibly the LR discovery too but never really been a fan of those.

• 2 months later...

Last week when I popped to halfords to get a few bits for washing the cars, I come back out to this

8E639EB5-6E4B-4DF3-B441-49F9A0AB2360.jpg

Went back in and picked up one of those 12v compressors, filling it up I realised straight away that there was a sizeable hole on the inside that was letting air out!

Kept filling it and searched online for a local tyre shop to where I was, luckily there was one 3 miles away, got it to over 30 psi and legged it, only just made it !

Now the other 3 tyres are going to need replacing soon and I'm on the look out for some 18 smax wheels for it, however until then I going to need to replace the current.

I'm thinking of going for runflats as the wife and kids using the car all the time, she would have been stranded in such a situation, well so would I had I not been in the halfords car park!

Question, is it ok to just swap the normal tyres for RF? Is there any need for a tyre pressures monitor, just wondering how you would know it was flat otherwise?!

If the cars suspension isn't designed for RFT's then you cannot use them, the handling will be as horrible as the ride. Also point to note they cost about three times as much as a respectable normal tyre and if they do puncture they are scrap.

They do come as an option on mk3's and as such some come out the factory on RF, would the set up be different if the option was selected?

Cost im aware, have been few a few on the Beemer, it's more just the convenience/ability to keep driving in the event of a flat!

Didn't realise they change so much when fitting RFT, thought it was just a bolt on! How come it's ok to go the other way then, as in replace RFTs with non-RFTs?

Bad luck with the tyre, but very lucky it was at Halfords! Although it does seem like you were being punished for buying cleaning supplies..........  :lol:

Went back in and picked up one of those 12v compressors, filling it up I realised straight away that there was a sizeable hole on the inside that was letting air out!

In the osr passenger footwell, under the floor there should be a compressor with a can of that sticky gloop crap. Made for situations like this. You can also use the compressor without the glue

• 2 months later...

Cool, ordered some this afternoon, went for some goodyear efficient grip, it's what is on the rears at the moment, not feeling the Pirelli's on the front.... They probably got another 3/4000 miles before they get to 3mm which I'll then replace with goodyears

• 8 months later...

Well that was short lived! Car was stolen on Monday!

DC309278-652D-4F31-8FA9-8172165D16DB.jpg

Here's a pic from the cctv of it leaving the carpark! It over took the BMW and the Mondeo behind did the same and as such is a suspect car, luckily we were able to get the Reg, they certainly drove it like you stole it :lol:

They were even kind enough to leave me a souvenir :D

248569CD-EC35-4392-8C29-32C30561DA9C.jpg

Just going through the motions of the claim and then start the search for a new motor, that is unless they find it before the insurer settles the claim.

Anyone know what the deal is if it is found before the claim is settled? I don't want it back, but do I have an option? I suspect it's been cloned but you never know, it may turn up!!

Damn that's awful mate, are they easy to steal without the keys? Getting in I could understand, but didn't think it was that easy to get cars started nowadays. Yes a bizarre car to steal as well  :unsure:

Back when my Lexus was stolen all those years ago we never really got into the discussion as the car was unharmed and hadn't gone far at all - I think it's quite difficult to reject the car but not impossible, if you really don't want it back then kick up a fuss about it and see how far you get.

Try and settle as soon as possible though, hope you get a decent settlement.

Yeah i get they can get in but how they started it I have no idea, it's keyless start too, there is however a cap by where the ignition so assume it can still be 'hot wired'!

When dos the Lexus get stolen??

Someone I know in Southgate also almost had those Beemer taken yesterday in the same way they tried mine, thankfully they weren't successful! Scumbags!

Sorry to hear that mate :( Where did it happen? My Grandad had his M reg Primera stolen a few years a go from Sainsbury's car park in Barkingside. We think that was pikies!

I believe on keyless cars they use the OBDII port to bypass the security and start the car.