Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

It was a tight fit into and out of the garage as you can see. I had to push her in and pull her out. Overnight the NSF tyre cooled and steered the car into the rail. I didn't even think to look because she went in perfectly fine....... Just goes to show what a few PSI can do!

I was preparing to have to do that myself before I got the car as I was thinking it would be too tight to get out of it once inside (thankfully I can, just!)

When I was thinking I'd need to push it in and out though, Voicey recommended screwing a piece of wood into the ground so you could run the tyre along it - simple but awesome idea!

Yeah that is a good idea. Thing is not many garages cater for the super car's width.

Yep, mine certainly doesn't. It's quite deceptive but the 360 is actually slightly wider than an S-class Merc.

I definitely can't get any fatter or I won't be able to get back in the car!  :lol:

Need to decide whether I'm happy leaving it dirty or risk some swirls (or just get out there and clean it myself!)

This is a dilemma! My paint work is actually pretty good, but really wanna get the polisher out, might let winter pass then get the detailing gear out!

Cars just come out of the garage so they've cleaned it for now :lol:

Need to decide whether I'm happy leaving it dirty or risk some swirls (or just get out there and clean it myself!)

This is a dilemma! My paint work is actually pretty good, but really wanna get the polisher out, might let winter pass then get the detailing gear out!

Yep it's a real dilemma, I see my car now and it desperately needs a wash - no chance of me getting any detailing stuff out though, if anything it gets a wash and that's it!

I'm pretty sure I'll just stick it in a hand car wash at some point, the guys round here are pretty good to be fair and have never been bad on the other cars.

Yep it's a real dilemma, I see my car now and it desperately needs a wash - no chance of me getting any detailing stuff out though, if anything it gets a wash and that's it!

I'm pretty sure I'll just stick it in a hand car wash at some point, the guys round here are pretty good to be fair and have never been bad on the other cars.

Well im sorted for now, its going back in again in a few weeks as one of the parts is on back order so will get another clean then :lol:

It's worth it I'm sure ! :)

Definitely is!

How sedate is that driving...... Be honest.

Tend to put my foot down at every opportunity but I've taken it into central London a few times which kills the fuel economy.

I think the quoted average is 15.7mpg so given my mixed driving and heavy right foot 13 seems about right.

Agreed..... I would push it at every chance if only to hear that glorious sound. I suppose if mpg is an issue then don't buy a super-car. 

Same here, I can't get enough of the sound! Agree, couldn't care less about the fuel economy, I'm only going to do around 3-4000 miles a year so the fuel cost is fairly negligible. Taking it a bit easy at the moment just because of my unfamiliarity and the weather conditions, come the summer I'm expecting the economy to drop  :whistle:

It highlights how bad the IS200 is on fuel as the Ferrari is roughly 40% worse on fuel but about 4 times faster!

Worked out from my last fill that I'm averaging about 13mpg - considering the Lexus does 20mpg this doesn't seem too bad!  :lol:

That's pretty good when compared to the Lexus, I can't believe how bad mpg is on those cars.

At least you are enjoying it :D

Following your warning about spinning your car several times I am on serious tip toes at the mo - it does make you realise though that with cars like this even the most mundane journey at mundane speeds still feels like an event :)

Funnily enough, when I jump out of the Ferrari and into the Merc the steering feels horrible, doesn't even feel like it's connected to the wheels. But the Lexus actually still feels quite good, which highlights how underrated a car it always was.

@SMARTLY: Mine's an auto, which is why it's so horrendously bad. The manuals are a bit better on fuel as they are 6 speeders (compared to the 4 in the auto)

• 1 month later...

:censored: hell that looks absolutely stunning B) ........ I'm green with envy...... I have to also say red is definitely the colour.

Thanks mate, still takes me by surprise when I walk into the garage! Funnily enough I agonised for months over the colour as I was worried about the attention it would draw, but you're right I would have regretted it if it was anything but red.

I'll bring it down to WIM when the weather warms up a bit so you can see it in the flesh  :D