Horror of the week 18/10/10

Tony

Crazy.

Your original post was made all the better because you get to the end of the whole conversation before seeing the photo. Classic!

Bringing this type of topic to the table shows both sides of the retail industry... We know the tyre is :D but the owner thinks otherwise. The conversation convincing the owner is comical albeit real, so there's a real sense of duty in a professional format although it's laughable in reality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Some customers are complete morons so you need to explain everything with a lump hammer. :axehead:

Another way around this would have been to say

"There's a lot of repair work involved in making that tyre safe, it'll probably cost over £150 and most likely take 2-3 weeks. It would be a lot cheaper and quicker to supply a new tyre for you."

Errr, Tony, I have a tyre almost just like that (maybe not as extreme), do you think its repairable? ;D

Although, in my ownership (was on the wheel when I bought it), it hasn't been driven flat (me being anal like I am over pressures), so not entirely sure how it happened, but would concede it had been the subject of quite some stress and abuse! The type of abuse that means all my wheels are currently at Pristine Alloys ;)

• 1 month later...