Omega Owners Club meet

Tony

Think you've missed it then Tony as June was last month! :o

Can't pop along to this one but it looks like the weather will be good for you...probably too hot, suppose to be 28 degrees! :o

Think you've missed it then Tony as June was last month! :o

Can't pop along to this one but it looks like the weather will be good for you...probably too hot, suppose to be 28 degrees! :D

Blimey my body clock is a month out of sync.....

Anyway we had the meet today, 20 cars turned up and i measured 12..... now the scary bit?

Of the 12, 10 where not in a suitable condition to be calibrated :D ... 9 needed new front wishbones and 1 needs a new rear coil.

Everyone was gobsmacked by the failure rate..... Nevertheless it was a fantastic meet and everyone enjoyed themselves...

Pictures to follow once i steal them from the owners club?....... My camera broke :o

Think you've missed it then Tony as June was last month! :angry2:

Can't pop along to this one but it looks like the weather will be good for you...probably too hot, suppose to be 28 degrees! :o

Anyway we had the meet today, 20 cars turned up and i measured 12..... now the scary bit?

Of the 12, 10 where not in a suitable condition to be calibrated :o ... 9 needed new front wishbones and 1 needs a new rear coil.

Everyone was gobsmacked by the failure rate..... Nevertheless it was a fantastic meet and everyone enjoyed themselves...

Pictures to follow once i steal them from the owners club?....... My camera broke :angry2:

What an excellent day, and thanks to Tony and Mark, and the rest of the WIM team for allowing this to happen.

The bush failure rate was shocking, I couldn't believe it - and I know they are a weak point of the suspension on these cars. But, it means all those people who were driving around blissfully unaware - despite many recently having new MOTs - are now doing something about it, before getting big bills for new boots. So from that point of view, even looking at the 'broken' ones has made it very worthwhile. Also, watching the alignment screens on cars with failed bushes, and seeing how much the play in the bushes affected the various angles was very worthwhile in helping understand the issues with wear and handling.

It was a fun day, thoroughly worthwhile, very informative. I cannot thank WIM enough for sharing the info, and physically showing us all about the geometry. I'm sure the photos will show how interested everyone was.

If any other clubs get the opportunity for one of these days, I really cannot recommend it enough - as well as it being a club meet, you will find it informative, useful, and bloody good fun. Do not let the opportunity pass by!

BTW, photos on a CD, and should be with you by the time you read this.

Thanks again, WIM, it was an excellent day, and going by the posts on our forum, everybody thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if there now is going to be a world shortage of Vauxhall wishbone bushes !

Think you've missed it then Tony as June was last month! :angry2:

Of the 12, 10 where not in a suitable condition to be calibrated :o ... 9 needed new front wishbones and 1 needs a new rear coil.

Pictures to follow once i steal them from the owners club?....... My camera broke :angry2:

What an excellent day, and thanks to Tony and Mark, and the rest of the WIM team for allowing this to happen.

The bush failure rate was shocking, I couldn't believe it - and I know they are a weak point of the suspension on these cars. But, it means all those people who were driving around blissfully unaware - despite many recently having new MOTs - are now doing something about it, before getting big bills for new boots. So from that point of view, even looking at the 'broken' ones has made it very worthwhile. Also, watching the alignment screens on cars with failed bushes, and seeing how much the play in the bushes affected the various angles was very worthwhile in helping understand the issues with wear and handling.

It was a fun day, thoroughly worthwhile, very informative. I cannot thank WIM enough for sharing the info, and physically showing us all about the geometry. I'm sure the photos will show how interested everyone was.

If any other clubs get the opportunity for one of these days, I really cannot recommend it enough - as well as it being a club meet, you will find it informative, useful, and bloody good fun. Do not let the opportunity pass by!

BTW, photos on a CD, and should be with you by the time you read this.

Thanks again, WIM, it was an excellent day, and going by the posts on our forum, everybody thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if there now is going to be a world shortage of Vauxhall wishbone bushes !

Cheers all again, thanks again for today as well, see my other post for details

Those ones aren't much cop....... they've all stopped :)

:) They all go very well, even the one that I have had for thirty years. I wonder how many Vauxhall Omegas will still be going in 2038 :(

Those ones aren't much cop....... they've all stopped :)

:) They all go very well, even the one that I have had for thirty years. I wonder how many Vauxhall Omegas will still be going in 2038 :)

Bean cans by 2010 :(

Mrs Sagitar and I have been Omega fans for some time, but we've never had any geometry problems . . . . . . :(

collage.jpg

My brother is a jeweller and is an Omega agent, if you want a working one :)

Mine wasnt picked to be checked, but no matter as I had already booked in the next day.

Even still Tony chucked it on the ramp and checked it out, so I had time to buy parts for my appointment, luckily not needed.

Car a totally different beast since the magic was worked :)

Mine wasnt picked to be checked, but no matter as I had already booked in the next day.

Even still Tony chucked it on the ramp and checked it out, so I had time to buy parts for my appointment, luckily not needed.

Car a totally different beast since the magic was worked :)

No pulling left?

Were there no photos from this meet? :huh:

Here you go :huh:

Cool, I only asked as I can use them in the banner when I change the photos :o

Nice to keep a record of the meets as well though :)

Were there no photos from this meet? :o

Here you go :huh:

Cool, I only asked as I can use them in the banner when I change the photos :)

Nice to keep a record of the meets as well though :)

Your spot on mate to keep me alert :huh:

Car a totally different beast since the magic was worked :D

No pulling left?

Seems fine.

Believe it or not, just failed its mot on a broken rear spring!

Swapped the pair, and it still handles beautifully so don't think i've undone your handywork.

ps nice photo's :lol:

No pulling left?

Seems fine.

Swapped the pair, and it still handles beautifully so don't think i've undone your handywork.

ps nice photo's :lol:

Wonder if we missed the spring or it broke since?..... In truth odds are due to the time elapsed we missed it but i'm surprised if we did since we were reasonably surgical at the meet.

No pulling left?

Seems fine.

ps nice photo's :D

Wonder if we missed the spring or it broke since?..... In truth odds are due to the time elapsed we missed it but i'm surprised if we did since we were reasonably surgical at the meet.

Passenger side was missing the bottom coil, had I reckon it had been for a year or so by the state of it. Hopefully hasnt caused any adverse effects.

Lifting the rear on new coils will be safe..... Nevertheless we did miss the brake however well hidden the coils are so i'm quite happy the calibration is sound.... To this end i guarantee the rear tyres wear correctly or i will replace them at my expense.

Lifting the rear on new coils will be safe..... Nevertheless we did miss the brake however well hidden the coils are so i'm quite happy the calibration is sound.... To this end i guarantee the rear tyres wear correctly or i will replace them at my expense.

Cheers Tony, The reassurance is enough for me, I checked everything as well as I could as well and didnt spot them either. I couldnt take that offer up ( not that I reckon it would be needed).

Fair play your service is above and beyond!

I will definately pay you a visit again when the other car needs new boots. (soon, they aint wearing brilliantly ;) )