Show us your favourite music video......

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Diana Ross - Chain Reaction

Understandably a classic.... All those years back i always wished Diana and Jackson would become more than just friends...Am i wrong in thinking the Bee Gee's sang the backing sounds?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the tall blonde is Babs Lord and the small dark girl on the far left at the end is Dee Dee Wild (spelling?), but several of them are now dead and gone. Both my kids loved watching Top of the Pops. My son was just into his teens and had pin-ups of the group but I can't remember them all. The original choreographer was a girl called Flick Colby. She danced with them for a while but I don't think she is in this clip.

The actress who is still active and whom I remember first as a dancer on pop shows is Una Stubbs, but I think she was on an ITV show (Cool for Cats?). I think that was well before Pan's People.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Elton John - Rocket Man

I'm not overly sure of the timeline behind this song but i recall it was around the same time as David Bowie's life on Mars so collectivity they both describe a new episode for mankind. I always felt Elton was a cut above the rest and this opinion has nothing to do with his sexuality since he emotion in song is unrestrained... Boy think back to Goodbye English Rose.... Only he could expel grief in a controlled fashion that left a nation in tears. 

Commodores - Nightshift

Most know the Commodores MoTown influx in well song emotional songs. Initially they were playing background noise to the established superstars, the Supremes and Marvin Gaye to mention a few. On reflection the Commodores had a mighty hill to climb but climb they did.

Personally i had an emotional tie to the song in respect to the name mentioned Jackie.. At around the time this song was released i was a few weeks away from getting married to my school hood love Jackie. As the day grew nearer my feelings for Jackie became very foggy.... I realised my love for Lynne was wrong if i intended to marry another woman...... Two weeks to go i called off the wedding and this time in my life is very emotional obviously but a few years later i did marry Lynne.

Elton John - Rocket Man

I'm not overly sure of the timeline behind this song but i recall it was around the same time as David Bowie's life on Mars so collectivity they both describe a new episode for mankind. I always felt Elton was a cut above the rest and this opinion has nothing to do with his sexuality since he emotion in song is unrestrained... Boy think back to Goodbye English Rose.... Only he could expel grief in a controlled fashion that left a nation in tears. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LX7WrHCaUA

Commodores - Nightshift

Most know the Commodores MoTown influx in well song emotional songs. Initially they were playing background noise to the established superstars, the Supremes and Marvin Gaye to mention a few. On reflection the Commodores had a mighty hill to climb but climb they did.

Personally i had an emotional tie to the song in respect to the name mentioned Jackie.. At around the time this song was released i was a few weeks away from getting married to my school hood love Jackie. As the day grew nearer my feelings for Jackie became very foggy.... I realised my love for Lynne was wrong if i intended to marry another woman...... Two weeks to go i called off the wedding and this time in my life is very emotional obviously but a few years later i did marry Lynne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkEDe6Ljqs

Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (Video)

Truly an epic group who did no more than bless us with surreal expressive sounds.. The squeaky clean brothers well and truly captured the worlds attention in sound and vision and i for one can close my eyes and ride their harmonic wave...

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Young - Love of the Common People

Yet another voice lost to the audio history books..... Paul Young always seemed to be a clean genuine person and i liked his songs because of the words...Thought provoking which works just fine for me.

Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine

This song has a real emotional connection to me. Several weeks after my wife died i was thinking i had pulled my life back together without her and then this song caught me off guard... I was driving "somewhere" and it came on the radio, within seconds i was crying uncontrollably.... I remember pulling over and eventually i pulled myself together but it showed me I'll never get over losing her.. She was my wife of 25yrs, the mother of my two lovely girls and my sole mate. Nothing could fill the void and nothing could mend my broken heart but tomorrow has to go on however how much i miss her :crying_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

ENIGMA " I Love You , I´ll Kill You "

It takes off at 4.40 then it goes into the best guitar piece I have heard at 5.00. Finishing with these lyrics: " Look into the mirror of your soul, love and hate are one in all, sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me you'll see the face who'll say: I love you....I kill you...but I'll love you forever". WOW..... how powerful a meaning that has..... Meaning: I will kill you because I want no one else to love you.

We can relate some emotion to this and each and everyone of us would do so for different reasons.

Can't say i ever followed the group but many years ago this sound hit me.... I fact i forgot who sung it, i thought it was Fleetwood mac. So I've been drilling my brain for weeks, then google found it for me.