Jaguar XF-R MY2012 5.0

liner33

In that case the rear inner face will need to be milled.

yeah not going to do that it would need 25mm taking off at least

Plan A ) Resell them as is

Plan B) Remove the tyres, centre caps and tpms sensors and whack on ebay m i'd only need £300 to break even

• 1 month later...

Right thought I would update this , tried a couple of times to sell the wheels on ebay with no joy so too tyres, tpms and centre caps off and listed just the alloys and they sold for £372 , figured the tyres will get used on the car at some point although after communication with the buyer he is going to buy the front 255/35/20 tyres which is cool

So search is on for new wheels , seen plenty but they are getting on for £2k so will need some patience

In the meantime I found out that Jaguar modified an XFR and took it to Bonneville, it clocked an amazing 225mph

Also found a great video of an XFR flat out , sounds like a Spitfire to me :)

Cleaned yours yet ? :)

This is doing better than I expected , a lot of this has been local running and sat on the driveway either loading discs into the cars hdd or deodorising the air con

What did you use to do the air con, need to change the cabin filters on the BM and thought I'd do this too

Just watched those vids, ooooo the sound in the second clip !!

How do these air con bombs actually work as they sound like fancy air fresheners to me. I was told by an air con guy that most of the smell comes from lack of use and the drain hole being gunked up, which should also be cleaned.

Shame it took so much effort to sell the wheels, what type are you after now?

I dont know the science behind it i think they kill the bacteria which gives the sweaty socks smell.

I'm after the Nevis alloys i think which have "supercharged" embossed into them and are only fitted to the supercharged models

car_photo_302032_zpslmi5kqfa.jpg

Although I also like these that are fitted to the XFR-S and these are wider at 9" fronts and 10.5" rear meaning you can get wider rubber on it

2014_jaguar_xfr_s-2560x1600_zpscpk7gwhn.

http://www.bilthamber.com/air-con-bomb-citrus

One of these and a new genuine filter

Cheers mate, I used the comma one years ago on the Lexus, I'll grab a couple of these :)

Defo prefer the XFR-S wheels

When I recharge air con, I just use the following to clean the air con evaporator and air ducts. It's an aerosol with a 1 metre pipe you can shove down then spray and withdraw, similar to using the wax oil type dispenser. No need to run the car engine with doors sit engine running for a period of time. One can does 2 cars.

https://www.koolairconsupplies.com/fjc-foaming-evaporator-cleaner-2423.html

Don't forget the pollen filter !

• Like 1

Video of the car on the strip at SCR , up against a R34 GTR , the dunlop sports maxx are rubbish off the line unfortunately but already have plans to remedy that , sounds nice with the new exhaust