Mazda MX5 suspension tech day 06/09/09

Tony

Hey,

Pretty new to this forum, but heard a lot (of good) :D

Don't suppose you will be doing any discounted calibration on sunday?

Or perhaps do the free calibration you mentioned on MX5Nutz on a sort-of-charity based basis (cheeky me)?

I'm a student and would love to get my alignment/geometry sorted, but can't afford your normal price :(

Had to ask... worst you can say is no :)

Put my name down please, need to be in your area on sunday anyway - so it's perfect timing :D

Name added...... I will be doing some calibrations on Sunday but these will chosen at random.

Hey,

Pretty new to this forum, but heard a lot (of good) :D

Don't suppose you will be doing any discounted calibration on sunday?

Or perhaps do the free calibration you mentioned on MX5Nutz on a sort-of-charity based basis (cheeky me)?

I'm a student and would love to get my alignment/geometry sorted, but can't afford your normal price :(

Had to ask... worst you can say is no :)

Put my name down please, need to be in your area on sunday anyway - so it's perfect timing :D

Name added...... I will be doing some calibrations on Sunday but these will chosen at random.

Fair enough, cheers... always worth being cheeky from time to time, even if it doesn't get you anywhere hehe.

See you sunday :)

Numbers are good..... This will be the same splash as the Ferrari meet regarding staff and food :rolleyes:

Weather looks good as well...not sure if I will be there yet, depends how much I've got left to do on the car.

Numbers are good..... This will be the same splash as the Ferrari meet regarding staff and food :rolleyes:

Weather looks good as well...not sure if I will be there yet, depends how much I've got left to do on the car.

Looks like around 50 cars coming in total so it might be a good time to test your DI :)

Looks like around 50 cars coming in total so it might be a good time to test your DI :)

Test where? Down Latimer Road! :huh:

Numbers are good..... This will be the same splash as the Ferrari meet regarding staff and food ;)

Looks like around 50 cars coming in total so it might be a good time to test your DI :D

Test where? Down Latimer Road! :)

No hitting the brakes.........

Numbers are good..... This will be the same splash as the Ferrari meet regarding staff and food :D

Test where? Down Latimer Road! :)

No hitting the brakes.........

Ok have I missed something, how is using the brakes gonna help test the DI? ;)

Everything's prept... staff, food, suspension and geo... over 50 booked so i'm in for one hell of a day....

I'm hoping to pop over for a couple of hours but I've got alot on as we're going away next Saturday so I've only got tomorrow and Thursday to put the interior back in the car and finish sorting the rust. Plus it's minging as I've not washed it! :) :huh:

Thanks to Tony et al for a very friendly and interesting "do".

Sorry I was late for Derek's talk, but that was entirely thanks to four muppets who decided to play dodgems near J10 of the M25.

The ensuing 30 minute snooze in the sun (top was already down, of course) was only spoilt by a couple of prats in a transit who decided to share their "music" with the rest of us poor trapped victims.

Fortunately (for their safety and my sanity) we got moving very soon after....

Anyway, my satnav girlie found WIM without any bother so it was straight in and parked up in what appeared to be a slot reserved for yet another black MK1!

A very nice line up of Mazdas there was too - some very detailed and modified, some boggo standard like mine, but it didn't matter - everyone was very friendly and relaxed in the sunshine.

Inside WIM it was great to see the lads doing what they do best with their magical machine - but pleased also in a perverse way to see that the acetylene torch is still the best nut loosener!

Picked up some ideas for my car, although sorting a strange shimmy / vibration from the rear will take first place. Anyone got a spare pair of dampers in the Kent area that I could borrow for a couple of days to try and eliminate them?

Not too fussed for not winning the set of suspension - but I reckon the recipient is happy. I saw the state of his front dampers when removed and if anything the lower bushes were worse than mine when in full creaky mode.

His car looked very purposeful once finally set up and I hope he appreciates how lucky he is.

Mustn't forget the smiling "laydees" on the refreshments either - thanks and well done all of you. I believe a decent sum raised for Macmillan and I'm very happy to have contributed to that, particularly in view of having lost a friend to cancer recently myself.

Cheers,

Andy

Well done everyone :tongue2:

Thank you Tony Bones for making a donation of £415 to Macmillan Cancer Support. You're helping to provide medical, emotional and financial support and push for better cancer care.

One in three of us will get cancer. It's something that affects us all. Our goal is to reach everyone affected by cancer that wants and needs us. Together we can make it happen. Thank you so much for your support.

We'd like to invite you to feel good by being part of this year's World's Biggest Coffee Morning. Get together with your family, friends or colleagues to share coffee and cake. Your donations, however small, will count towards the millions we raise each year to help improve the lives of people living with cancer. Find out more: www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee

Visit our website: www.macmillan.org.uk

Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man (604). A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ.