Skoda Superb detailed

liner33

Bugger.........

Being annoyed is nothing more than a reaction to the damage not a condemnation of your wife. Had the incident been more serious the first question would be are you/ is she ok!!...... And anyway accidents do happen and that's why we have insurance so the car will be back to it's former glory in no time mate :smile_anim:

I'm annoyed because its avoidable . It would be so bad apart from it being a long history of EVERY car she has owned or driven.

As well as ker bing the alloys she has also scuffed both bumpers as well

• 3 months later...

Thought I would add this

Last month I decided to do away with the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) , not that ours had given any trouble but on these cars they last about 75-100k before needing replacing and its a hefty bill of c£1500

I found a company that would cut out and reweld the dpf and remap the ecu to allow the car to forget it ever had one

The difference in driving is quite staggering , the car has more midrange torque and does go pretty well really, I reckon 0-60 in low 7 seconds now if pushed but perhaps best of all is the fuel consumption

I bought this car new and the best mpg I ever had was 59mpg on a cross country run one summers morning but never got near there again , on a long run it will do 52-54 usually

However going to Belgium, jam packed with luggage, a full tank and three people we got 57.1mpg.

On a day trip in France we got this, wasnt pottering either drove to the speed limit all the time (I rarely speed in France) .

20140818_120048_zpsb3343ba1.jpg

Dpf removal is amazing isnt it...it doesnt effect emmission and diesel are only tested for smoke.

The map would have greatly helped with your mpg.. But i would be hesitant to use the trip computers mpg as once they have been tinkered with they generally are optimistic

No dpf is a fail , but it can't be seen without removing parts so I'm not worried

The whole dpf thing is a con they reduce the emissions by about 10% by filterering some of the soot but every so often the car needs to burn the soot into ash which over time fills the filter hence the need for replacement.

But during this regeneration the car uses a lot more fuel and emissions rise up considerably so in fact no dpf is no worse for the environment than having one

Dpf removal is amazing isnt it...it doesnt effect emmission and diesel are only tested for smoke.

The map would have greatly helped with your mpg.. But i would be hesitant to use the trip computers mpg as once they have been tinkered with they generally are optimistic

You can alter the obd on a lot of VAG cars using Vagcom and I know mine is pretty accurate as I've tweaked it , I check with a fill to fill from time to time but they will always be optimistic as the speedos are optimistic by design

That's just part and parcel of the evil of diesels.

The dpf doesn't filter all the soot just a small percentage to reduce emissions , it's what happens when you set car makers unrealistic emissions targets . It's a sticking plaster fix really

That's just part and parcel of the evil of diesels.

The dpf doesn't filter all the soot just a small percentage to reduce emissions , it's what happens when you set car makers unrealistic emissions targets . It's a sticking plaster fix really

Fair enough, I actually thought the particulate filters removed quite a bit. If not then Boris is right to try and get rid of diesels from London!

I do find it annoying that we went after CO2 instead of looking at air quality............

• Like 1