Skoda Superb detailed

liner33

I know..stop it im welling up :huh:

I was just fascinated by the way that language loses its original meaning.

"One fell swoop" has come to mean something happening suddenly. But that is not the original meaning. I think we all understand "swoop" especially when it is referred to a kite (i.e. a bird of prey) in the Macduff quote, but "fell" originally meant 'fierce, savage; cruel, ruthless; dreadful, terrible'. It comes from the same Old English root as the word "felon" and in that sense it is a bit over the top as a description of washing a car. Macduff was of course raging at the realisation that Macbeth had killed his wife and all his young children in a single barbaric act.

We did Macbeth at school (in about 1946) and I still remember much of it . . . . . :lol:

Since i had already mentioned my wash procedure in post 13 I felt I could abbreviate Quick detailer :huh:

ONR is Optimum No rinse , essentially a product you dont need to rinse off , just wipe the panel down and dry it , I use it at shows but ime it causes marring so i dont make a habit out of it

I've never had any marring with it and been using it for at least 18 months now. What do you use to with it a sponge or a mitt?

Since i had already mentioned my wash procedure in post 13 I felt I could abbreviate Quick detailer :huh:

ONR is Optimum No rinse , essentially a product you dont need to rinse off , just wipe the panel down and dry it , I use it at shows but ime it causes marring so i dont make a habit out of it

I've never had any marring with it and been using it for at least 18 months now. What do you use to with it a sponge or a mitt?

Tried both its the drying that does it you have to be very careful and pat it dry , I cant be bothered and end up wiping and get marring

Since i had already mentioned my wash procedure in post 13 I felt I could abbreviate Quick detailer ;)

Tried both its the drying that does it you have to be very careful and pat it dry , I cant be bothered and end up wiping and get marring

Yeah I CBA to pat dry, it's quicker to wipe as well although I've not had marring issues with the towels. I had marring on one of my doors once when I tried ONR with a lambs wool mitt, big mistake!! I will never use a mitt again, much prefer my grout sponge. I'm tempted with a zymol one and was looking at the dodo SN one until I saw the price!!

• 1 year later...

Cant believe its been so long but it was well overdue thanks to the weather and hosepipe ban , but i gave it a good going over again today

Snowfoam

Wash

Decontaminate body with tar remover

wash again

clay

machine polish bonnet due to RDS

polish with blackfire gloss enhancing polish

wipe down with megs last touch

wax with Dodo juice hard candy

wipe again with last touch

Wipe down with Dod Red mist

Hoover inside , wipe down trim

Windows cleaned and treated with Carlack

Wheels really need to come off so cleaned and iron x'd but need more work

P1030076.jpg

P1030075.jpg

P1030089.jpg

P1030088.jpg

P1030086.jpg

P1030090.jpg

I really rate it , it's by far the best polish I have ever used great on the blue octavia and now on the black , can't see me using anything else for now

How do you use it, same as other polishes? Does it contain any fillers?

I'll have to try and get hold of some.

How do you use it by machine though? How many passes, what speed and pads does it work best with?

Soft pad i use a blue waffle type , two pea sized blobs , start at 3 and even it out then go to 5 and work until you can see the shine come through

94beacc1.jpg

FWIW i dont mind it getting dirty , i prefer it clean and i like to keep my cars in good condition but this is a daily hack which gets one proper clean a year hardly going over board , wife has been to London and back today in it so its spent 3-4 hours on the motorway but just took this pic when i got home of the light on the rear quarter

How do you use it by machine though? How many passes, what speed and pads does it work best with?

Soft pad i use a blue waffle type , two pea sized blobs , start at 3 and even it out then go to 5 and work until you can see the shine come through

At those speeds I take it you used a DA? I only have a rotary so would be around 1,500 rpm?

Dont use a rotary to apply black hole

Not sure its a glaze , its says its "hides minor swirls and water spots" suggests to me its got fillers in it , it will also remove minor RDS so its possibly slightly abrasive

Some people have said they've used it on a rotary with good results. You're only spreading it on the lowest speed with a finishing/glazing pad. Using it by machine tends to activate the cleaners in the product as well.