Sold my Focus today and bought a new one

SMARTLY

As it says really, today signed the deal that was too good to turn down.

Sold:

• Ford Focus Titanium
  • 1.6 diesel
  • Mk 3 2011(11)
  • Cherry Red pearlescent
  • 20k miles
  • with Appearance Pack and Convenience Pack

Bought:

• Ford Focus Titanium Navigator X
  • 1.0 Ecoboost 125 PS Petrol
  • New
  • Frozen White
  • with Appearance Pack
  • delivery this month

Nothing wrong with the old one but it would have been three next month, so service ( plus brake fluid ), M.O.T. and four new tyres in the next six to 12 months.

Called in yesterday to ask about a deal and got offered what I thought was a good one.

Went in today to test drive the engine and look at the satellite navigation as it was a non-touch screen. I was OK with both. Not as much torque from the engine but as expected so just a question of re-learning the harder right foot and higher revs. in the gears.

There is a facelift coming out later this year / early next year - I'm fine with that - maybe get that in two years.

Only problem I had was deciding on colour. I was undecided between a flat red, the flat white and the metallic blue which is close to the Focus ST-3 blue but i decided not close enough. So couldn't decide between the white and red although earlier in the week I was set on white. I got the salesperson to check on build dates and the white was built a bit earlier so I then got them to check on the build spec. which goes down to every last detail and the decider was the white one had tyre deflation system based on the ABS sensors ( like my current one ) and the red one had them built inside the wheels on the valve stem. Now, fortunately, I had read recently that these need to be reset on a machine when puncture or tyre change.

Now bearing in mind I have a set of winter wheels and tyres the valve stem system would have meant buying a set of valve stems and sensors, having them fitted to the winter wheels and each time I swapped the wheels taking it to somewhere to reset it.

Well that's the way I understand it plus the risk of tyre monkeys braking them.

So the white one it is.

Spec. wise the car has virtually everything on it that the current one has plus:

• Sony DAB radio with satellite navigation
  • reversing camera
  • half leather
  • 17 inch wheels
  • heated front seats
  • Bi-Xenon headlights
  • LED DRL's
  • multi-colour ambient LED lighting
  • electric driver seat
  • Ford SYNC with emergency assistance and voice control, (handsfree calls and control the radio by voice )

It's got privacy glass, folding mirrors, twin climate, keyless entry like the current one

That's it for now - just need to wait for a delivery date and registration number.

if it's got decent power and disability let me know

Well it's 125PS, I did notice that it's got a lot less torque than the diesel I have now, but I'm sure if I rev it like a petrol not a diesel it will get there.

Not sure what you mean by "disability"?

Nice one, I look forward to the photos :)

So is this a 1.0L turbo engine? How does it pull considering the weight of the focus?

I'm surprised it has 17" wheels, wouldn't they make acceleration slower?

So is this a 1.0L turbo engine? How does it pull considering the weight of the focus?

Yes, it's 1 litre turbo. Reports to have same oomph as a 1.6 and better mpg.

Not sure if the wheels make it slower. Autotrader indicates not, but the petrol is half a second slower 0-60mph.

It's really a 1ltr? If that's driveable in a car that's probably fairly heavy that's quite impressive.

On the tyre pressure sensors, am I right in thinking that the ones in the actual wheels will give you real time tyre pressures, while the ABS type will just inform you of a potential deflation based on wheel speed?

The one litre as it has a turbo has the power to pull the car no problem, they do a 100PS one in the same car as well.  Both deflation systems are real-time really as the ABS system gives you a warning immediately it detects a difference.

Well - due to an unenthusiastic saleslady I won't get the car until Friday. Seems she hasn't been chasing the inter dealer transfer :( If I had known I would have gone and collected it myself it's only 50 miles away.

Been looking at paint protection systems ( trade ones that you can buy on the internet ) and I've gone for the Autoglym Lifeshine which covers glass, interior and paint. Bought it from a dealer in Scotland for less than £14 on ebay ( just the PDI kit not the free Autoglym bag and products as I have all of them ) and it's over £300 done for you and it's a genuine sealed box I've got. Just need to convince the dealer not to polish or wax the new car ..........

http://www.lifeshine.com/download.asp

Didn't realise the you don't need an insurance certificate to tax a new car any more it checks the insurance online. Also seems like the dealers can't claim it back any more either. All this for £20 that I had just paid to start from July.

I've not used the lifeshine kit before

Not have I, but reviews seem good and it can't be much different to Diamondbrite / Supaguard in what it does so worth a try. And I know I can use Autoglym wash and high gloss on top without affecting the finish.