Skoda Fabia VRS TSI

liner33

• 1 year later...

Passed the two year point in July, still loving it going to upgrade to the 5 year Skoda warranty so can see me keeping it a few more years yet. Got all the wheels replaced under warranty this month due to corrosion starting under the lacquer. Dealer seems good and knows how well I keep the car and how picky I am, told me he got an order for a new one some time back as a customer saw mine and fell in love.

Not sure I mentioned on here but after we came back from holiday a rat had moved into to the engine bay and gnawed a load of wires so had to get Skoda breakdown out and pay for some new wiring :( All sorted now though and so far I have caught two rats in traps so payback is mine

Thought I would give it a good detail this weekend to prepare it for the worsening weather . Hand applied Werkstat prime and then two coats of Collinite 915 should last 3 months if im lucky 

20140928_140450_zpsd0232981.jpg

20140928_140427_zps15cb6208.jpg

20140928_140412_zpsd6db8fc3.jpg

20140928_140320_zps7d5dd14b.jpg

Initially i thought the colour was a bit Marmite but it's deceptive..... The more you look the more your drawn into the depth and it has a clever way of highlighting the cars shape by deflecting different shades of green. Where they have been very clever in design is the black roof/ grill and deflectors this again draws you back to the body colour.

The choice of lsp has a great deal to do with the way the colour looks , a sealant gives a clear shine and let's the metal flake shine through a traditional carnauba wax gives the warm , wet look like this and makes the paint appear darker.

I still get amazed how different the same colour can look

• 7 months later...

Had a phone call last night from the new owner of the Fabai , asking why i had fitted the springs and sway bar and asking if i had mapped it , as he couldnt believe the performance

His quote was "I used to have a 300 hp TVR and this would be all over it !" perhaps not quite but its a nippy little thing for sure !

Sounded over the moon with it , and why not its a cracker