Insurance company won't refund credit

Rich

When I swapped from the Corolla to the Accord I had £50 refunded but they kept £33 for admin fees so I have £17 in credit. As I wasn't renewing with them I asked for this to be refunded but I've been told they don't issue them if the amount is under £25 and it'll be kept on file as a credit.

Can they do this?

I definitely won't be using them again if they can, what a  :censored: cheek!!  :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

It can be a slow process. Just over a year ago I changed my energy supplier and the one from whom I moved made a mess of ending the account and refused to acknowledge that the firm owed me money. In the end I had to go to the ombudsman, but even after a clear judgement in my favour the matter was not dealt with.

Today, one year and six days after I closed the account, I got a letter of apology and a promise to pay compensation and re-pay what they still owe me.

However, the money has yet to be paid into my bank and I won't cheer until it is.