530d msport touring tyre pressure advice - tramlining

kannanni

Hello there,

First post here and I am hoping to maybe fix this issue myself.

As for the title I'm having to adjust steering most of the time on motorways with this new BMW with 18' runflats. I've read here and the tyre it seems tyres are the main factor of causing it.

It has contis 3 sportcontact on it with recommended tyre pressures 2.0 front and 2.6 back

Can someone please advice how pressure should I add to cure it?

Cheers,

jon

Hello

I assume the car has been checked mechanically? A common reason for tramelining is worn track control arm bushings..... -2 PSI from the OEM tyre pressure is as far as you can change the tyre pressure due to the pressure sensor and i assume it's on run-flat tyres. Failing that geometrically the front toe should be set as far positive as the datum allows,

Hi Tony,

Took the car at your garages today and unfortunately Joe couldn't align it as front camber can't be adjusted on my car. It has to be shorter and this is a warranty job from BMW. First time I hear of this. Send copy of report to my closest dealer as car is still under warranty and waiting to hear from them.

Cheers,

Jon

Tony. I'm sorry to say this but I took my car to another place today who deals with BMW-s and mostly sport cars. They had same equipment as yours but the only difference was that they took their time and loaded loads of weights on the back and front of the car. They kept measuring the tyres and body of car gap. They did say weights are a must for a accurate reading and alignment. And after reading there was nothing wrong with my camber. My steering was slightly off centre and front toe slightly out. They didn't even charge me full price as they didn't have to do full alignment. I am disappointed the same procedure was not done yesterday and I was given the wrong information. I don't think I am coming back to wheels in motion after this bad experience. It took them 1 hour for everything, your guy did it in 15 mins; maybe he was in a rush I don't know but £37 I wasted for some rubbish advice

As I said they only slightly adjusted front toe- no reason for confusion.

This should have been diagnosed yesterday. There was no service yesterday that's why I am unhappy. Data is not the same. At list car is now driving better and no bulls*** camber egzists at list with my car.

I wrote here so everyone can read and judge before they drive high miles to your place for such a poor service.

Do you realize a minute is about the thickness of a piece of paper... Air temperature changes would move to more? I'm quite comfortable Joe acted professionally and if a few minutes adjustment cured your problem then happy days. Oh by the way we charge by the adjustment so had he adjusted your few minutes toe for an additional fee then i would have been annoyed. 

He did not put on weights on my car prior to readings, this resulted in wrong readings and I got told my camber is out and this a manufactured problem in all new BMW-s, this was not the case. I called BMW dealer and booked it in and re-called them again to cancel after camber was found to be ok.This is not professionalism. Period. If this the way you deal with these issues you can carry on.Good luck to you.Let everyone else read and judge. I learned my lesson. Don't see any difference between your place and any other unknown corner garages in London or kwikfit and similars.