Run flat tyre felt funny.

rooflessdriver

I've tried to get people to pull over on motorways because they have a flat tyre on a number of occasions and have to say its often bloody difficult!

Pulling up alongside and hooting to even get them to look at me is often the first hurdle and even if they do respond its rare to get a quick acknowledgement and then see them pull off the road. Its isn't hard to indicate a flat tyre to someone of average intelligence, but unfortunately those types appear to be a rare breed.

But I'm very much in the minority here - most other drivers either can't be arsed to try and tell another of some sort of hazard (tyre, indicators, loose load, fog light etc) or, more worringly, they are just as unaware as the driver of the original vehicle.

I'll normally give it a go, but if they don't respond positively and quickly I'll just say to myself "Sod-'em" and get myself as far in front of them as I can so it won't become my problem too.

Andy... I have done the same and its amazing that people dont care.

I stopped at a set of lights next to a fairly new micra with a middle aged woman driving...

Her rear drivers side tyre hhad a big bulge about the size of a tennis ball or so. Told her about it and she just said thanks.... To my amazement she went flying on the the motorway going 80+ without a care in the world :eek:

It's the wall that does all the work..... I have to confess our BMW has runflats and they seem ok a little noisy but the rides fine plus what with Elaine having an artificial hip and next month knee i'm comfortable knowing a puncture is not something she needs to worry about and the above image sure proves that.

• 4 months later...