Honda Civic 1.6. SE Executive Auto

Rich

So I text the guy and said could you make it 1pm for when the missus is home cos she needs to sign the V5. He replied and said yes, 1pm comes and goes so 2:30pm I text and ask if they'll be long. Get a reply saying he'll come at 4pm as he's running late. Just had a phone call saying can we do it tomorrow now!

I said yes but afterwards just thought the payment for next months tax goes out tomorrow and I was going to SORN it. He asked me not to as wants to drive it home if he buys it.

Edit - Looks like he can tax it online with the V5C/2 but he's asked for the reference number and reg so he can do it before coming here. He's not even looked at the car or made an offer! Am I asking for trouble giving him that info?

Edit - Looks like he can tax it online with the V5C/2 but he's asked for the reference number and reg so he can do it before coming here. He's not even looked at the car or made an offer! Am I asking for trouble giving him that info?

He might not be but just tell him you're happy to let him use your computer or something to do it online once he's seen the car - has he made an actual offer? Seems crazy to tax it having not seen it or agreed on a price?

I did the vehicle transfer online with the zeds , did both of them so one to me and one from , I then sorned mine and the other guy immediately taxed my old one , worked like clockwork , very impressed 

So no I wouldnt worry 

This is the thing, he's not seen it or made any offer, I assume he'll pay the asking price.

What happens if he taxes it then makes an offer I won't accept. Surely it makes sense to do it once he's bought it.

I've just taken it for one last run and put it on SORN.

Well I text him back and said I'd prefer him to see the car first and buy it before taxing it and that he can use my laptop. He replied saying that's fine and he'll see me today.

Not really sure what to make of it, if he was willing to tax it before buying could he be expecting not to haggle. Could just be a complete timewaster of course and not even turn up!

Well I text him back and said I'd prefer him to see the car first and buy it before taxing it and that he can use my laptop. He replied saying that's fine and he'll see me today.

Not really sure what to make of it, if he was willing to tax it before buying could he be expecting not to haggle. Could just be a complete timewaster of course and not even turn up!

I think this is a better arrangement given it's a complete stranger who hasn't made an offer yet - but yeah there's a good chance though he does just want to come and take it at the price you've asked for. Fingers crossed!

The only thing he asked me was if the car overheats, which I had already said in the listing it doesn't. But I think that is down to me syphoning the coolant back into the radiator and not letting it get low. He's not mentioned anything about the price, even though offers can be made. Everyone else has just sent a message saying will you take this or that.

Sold! :D

You might see it your way Parth, he lives on the A406 in N11.

He text me to say he's leaving and turned up an hour and half later! Enfield is only 30 minutes away but I was thinking he's not going to show!

Anyway, he turns up in the same car, a Green Civic but poverty spec and it was battered! To think I was worried about the few scuffs and rust on the window of this one. He wanted to replace his with the same car, in the same colour and an auto so really wanted it!

Quick look around, sucked his teeth and said will you take £500! I didn't want to sound to keen so waited a second then said yes! :lol:

I explained the issues and he was happy to take it. Used the laptop to pay the tax, signed the form to say sold as seen and off he went. He was a nice guy so I hope it doesn't give him too much aggro.

You can notify the DVLA you've sold the car online too so just done that.

Time to replace it...

• Like 1

Yeah it's an awesome result, especially as I thought it would struggle to get £400. Just goes to show it all depends on who is looking and how much they want it!

It'll be the one with steam coming from under the bonnet :lol:

I was going to say that too and it might happen if he doesn't keep on top of the coolant level. I told him I've been syphoning it every couple of days.

Yep I covered myself by disclosing it and getting him to sign saying sold as seen. Hopefully he knows someone who can do the work for him on the cheap and it'll last many more years. It just wasn't worth us spending £500 getting the work done on a car of that value, I'd rather put the money towards something newer.

• 1 month later...

I looked up the details for the car earlier and they've taken it off the road, looks like they ended the tax 2 weeks after buying it. I hope nothing bad happened but they were warned if it has.