Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

Looks awesome bro! And the cam looks cool!

Where did you get the car detailed?

Thanks mate, it was Dove House Cars up in Northampton - that's where it went for its service and they have their own detailer so I just told them to do it while it's with them.

Ahh i see, thought it might be a more local one.... Really want to do it myself, but just don't have the time!!

Unfortunately not, a lot of the Ferrari guys use a company called Sportscar Protection though who are mobile so might work better for you?

Wow paint looks lovely now that it's been detailed  :D

Which reverse camera did you go for?  are you pleased with it?  I fancy fitting one to the mx5, but not sure whether to fit just the camera or camera and parking sensors, how is it just having the camera?

Josh 

Wow paint looks lovely now that it's been detailed  :D

Which reverse camera did you go for?  are you pleased with it?  I fancy fitting one to the mx5, but not sure whether to fit just the camera or camera and parking sensors, how is it just having the camera?

Josh 

Thanks mate :)

It was actually a camera that Ferrari themselves are selling for the older cars, it's custom made into one of the number plate lights so no idea what the camera is unfortunately (see pic below).

In normal circumstances I actually prefer sensors to a camera as it gives you coverage of the edges and the audible warning is easier to use than a visual one, but I didn't want to drill the bumper on this car, plus I need a camera to get close enough to the back wall of my garage.

It should be fine as I only use this car occasionally, but if it still seems a problem I'll probably add one of those strips that sits behind the bumper as a parking sensor.

post-1222-0-84216800-1407842329.jpg

Thanks for the reply useful info on the practicalities of the camera :)  I wouldn't bother with one of those strip based sensors, I've read on another forum that they are really poor and lack the sensitivity of the ultrasonic ones.

Josh

I use the camera on my 370 to find if im in the garage enough , I drive in , flick it into reverse and check the screen

Once your in fully, hang a tennis ball on some string from the ceiling so that it just touches your windscreen. Next time you drive in, stop when the tennis ball touches the screen.

Hardly , similar to this, also saves hitting your head on the tennis ball when you go into the dark garage

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-garage-parking-sensor-traffic-light-system-n45ce

That looks really useful! How adjustable is it? It says it allows fine tuning but does it allow enough movement for the distance at which it turns red?

Thanks for the reply useful info on the practicalities of the camera :)  I wouldn't bother with one of those strip based sensors, I've read on another forum that they are really poor and lack the sensitivity of the ultrasonic ones.

No worries. The guy who works on my car (and fitted all of this) was telling me that they do actually work really well, it's poor installation that causes issues.

There is the one drawback that it doesn't work when the car is stationary but otherwise they dow work very well supposedly if installed correctly. He's fitted them to a number of other 360s and has had no issues with it at all.

Hardly , similar to this, also saves hitting your head on the tennis ball when you go into the dark garage

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-garage-parking-sensor-traffic-light-system-n45ce

That looks really useful! How adjustable is it? It says it allows fine tuning but does it allow enough movement for the distance at which it turns red?

Dunno about that one , mine has three lights that start at 1.5 m and count down in .5m increments meaning red is .5m from the sensor