MK3 MX5 Meister R Zeta S Coilovers

Rocketman

Can I ask, when fitting Meister R Zeta S coil overs to a Mk 3 would you run the factory (2 mm) settings for preload and then adjust the ride height using the lower adjuster to the 345 mm quoted (car used in daily use and for track days)? If not what would you advise?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony

First of all thank you for the prompt response. Secondly apologies for taking so long to thank you, I was on holiday and then spent last week arranging to have the coil overs fitted etc for a track day at the weekend. Such a transformation in the car on track, it was excellent!! The roads where I live are very lumpy with lots of speed bumps. I am considering an 'off-season' road specific setting for the car, with the same ride height but with a reduced preload. Do you think this is feasible/advisable, and if so what preload would you advise? After the track day I reduced the damper settings to 8 from soft at the front and 2 from soft at the rear. The front feels fine but the rear overly firm. Would it be wise just to reduce the preload at the rear only?

Hope you had a nice holiday....... On reflection you can't adjust the pre-load on the GGP because the coil perch is the height adjuster unlike a make like BC Racing which has an adjustable body for height and adjustable coil perch for pre-load. What height and rake does the car have now?

I may have confused matters by using this thread, the coil overs are Meister R Zeta S not GGP, so preload adjusted to 5 mm front and rear. Ride height is 345mm front and rear. Was wondering if there would be an issue dropping preload to 2 or 3 mm eithet at back and front or at back only.