MX5 Club Meet

joeB12

Agreed, nice one Sean...... Not sure if you know but a while back i got engaged to my partner Elaine, ok it was only a year or so after my wife died but life has to go on and anyway it was a statement to Elaine that i'm committed and won't be playing the field.

Congrats Tony. Really pleased for you, and good for you for feeling that way about it.

Jacky & I have been together for almost 2yrs and although we had both said we didn't want to get married again,

it was a commitment to her now & in the next year or so we will be selling both houses to have buy OUR house together.

I don't know if it is because I know that I'm finally going to get a WIMs alignment but everytime I drive I swear she is getting worse and worse (handling wise).

Looking forward to the post WIMs drive... :D

Joe can you post up the times everyone is booked in for? or just remind me when I'm booked in, the grey matter is telling me 15:00 ??

No problem, bookings are shaping up a lot like this - 

9:00 - David (NC) Mx5 oc

10:00 - Tony (NB) mx5 oc

11:00 - Dave (NA) Mazda Menders

12:00 - (NB) Mx5 nuts

1:00 - Amy (NA) Roadster soc.

2:00 - Oliver (NC) Mx5 nuts

3:00 - Matt (NA) Roadster soc.

I'm also taking sub-bookings for if there are any free spaces on the day

Cheers

Joe

Joe - any chance you guys can have a quick look at mine on a ramp Saturday? Mentioned Friday when the puncture was getting sorted about the clicking/popping sound I am getting from the front when braking/accelerating.

If not and your all busy - ill book it in for another day :)

I am sure! Last time I had this it was a loose camber bolt and on my old car it was a drop link causing the sound. If there was space on Sat it would be good to get an eye cast over it :)

Yeah no problem Iian. I'm sure we'll have more than enough time to check it out!

On a side note, if anyone has a camera they'd like to bring along for some pictures for the forums I'd be very grateful!

Fingers crossed for some good weather!

Joe

Me too...... It's looking like an epic meet and i salute Joe for his hard work...... Sadly or should i say not i'm in the middle of the Atlantic on the 31st so please guy's and gal's PICTURES required...... :camera:

22 degrees and clear so far, fingers crossed!

May have to crack out my steel toe cap flip-flops  :D

:lol: .......... As said weather is looking good peeps so it's soft top down and cheese cutter hat on :D

From what I've heard things didn't go to plan and a meet didn't really happen with people just coming for their booked slot and then shooting off afterwards. It's a shame after all the hard work Joe put in to organising it :(

Did anyone get any photos though?

To be fair rich there was no real photo opportunities and the ones that were there would not have done WiM any justice.

Me and macca turned up around 10.30 and it there were 3 mk3's and a couple of mk2's but it looks like for one reason or another people didn't bother coming along ahead of their slots which was the aim i guess. The indicated attendance versus actual was quite different so looks like people had changes of plan for one reason or another.

I think it dropped off when all the mk3 guys shot off as i think they wanted to eat which is shame. I took macca and Joe out for a blast in mine and we were chatting around the engine, looking underneath the cars etc. In the end were were there for a couple of hours  when we admitted defeat and retired back to maccas house to try and sort a water leak on his roof.

Its difficult to tell what the turnout will be on these days. If another one ever happens (and i wouldnt blame the guys for being hesitiant after this) i could offer some constructive feedback to try and make the best one the meet everyones hoping for :)