Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

Less is more here - get a decent set of correctly sized door speakers with a good RMS figure (they will go loud with no distortion) and sound deaden both skins of the doors - will go a long way and make the doors feel more quality when closing them at the same time. I did that on the mx5 with some Ex-demo JBL speakers (£15 from halfords) and some Dynamat and it made a huge difference.

• Like 1

Checked the speakers and there no good reason being they are oval? So I've now ordered these...

post-2-0-05919200-1522265134.jpg

• Pair of 4" (10cm) car speakers with 2 x 250W max. power (500W max.)
  • SPL: 90dB
  • 3-way coaxial design
  • Stylish blue light effect with 6 LEDs per cover, reflecting on the white Injection Cone Membrane

• 1" (2.5 cm) ASV voice coil
  • 0.5" (1.5 cm) neodymium tweeter
  • 5.3 ounce (0.15kg) Strontium magnet
  • Frequency response: 90Hz to 20kHz
  • Mounting hardware and cables supplied
  • Removable cover

• 4 " speakers
  • Depth: 1.8 inches (4.5 cm)
  • Mounting diameter: 3.6 inches (9cm)
  • Hole spacing: 4.5 inches (11.5cm)
  • Weight (each): approx. 0.9lbs (400g)

Thing is they are not the OEM door cards. The OEM doors have handles these don't.

The speakers mount on to the door frame not the door card, so the shape of those doesn't matter too much. You need some 6" speakers from what I've found. I'd cancel those 4" ones if they haven't been dispatched and go for something decent.

speaker5.jpg

Good idea... What confused me was while checking where the OBD is some images suggested it was in the engine bay but when i checked online it said the 2003 MR2 MK3 fit was in the cabin and then both readers wouldn't connect bluetooth.

I'm thinking of changing the steering wheel but i have a question... The current wheel has an airbag but the MOMO wheels i'm interested in don't have an airbag. My question is does it matter and is it an MOT fail?

I'm thinking of changing the steering wheel but i have a question... The current wheel has an airbag but the MOMO wheels i'm interested in don't have an airbag. My question is does it matter and is it an MOT fail?

yes now its an mot fail if the car originally had an airbag , other option is a retrim of the stock wheel 

This guy is very good and local to you http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

• Like 1