Horror of the week 05/03/12

Tony

So you get a puncture and rather than get it repaired you just pump it up and drive the car all day while it goes down..... Next morning you do the same and so on for a few weeks until you finally decide to get it repaired....

You are a taxi driver and you have been driving people around on this....

post-2-1330975944.jpg

post-2-1330975956.jpg

post-2-1330976001.jpg

post-2-1330976023.jpg

post-2-1330976049.jpg

post-2-1330976070.jpg

EEEEEKKKK :D

I hope you are emailing these pictures to the taxi firms HQ to let them know one of their idiot drivers is driving around dangerously.

I Cant believe people drive around like this :censored:

Should have his license suspended if not taken away for endangering the public. What a moron.

I agree, all those passengers were putting their lives at risk without knowing :D

For a taxi is something like this a criminal offence?

I would say yes, as a minimum driving a car in dangerous condition to which I think both the owner and driver can be held responsible. I'm sure the local taxi licensing authority would be interested as well as well as the company he was driving for.

End of the day i'm not the police and i could open a whole world of hurt by reporting him/ her.

How would you feel if they did it again and crashed the car this time killing the passengers? If you're allowed to report it then I would.

A few months ago I came out of a tube station, there was a private taxi parked up just taking on a fare.

The N/S/F tyre was almost flat, as I passed I told him about it as he was taking a passenger and didnt want anyone to be hurt if it caused an accident.

He just muttered something back to me (wasnt thanks) and got out to have a look. 30 seconds later I saw him driving past with the passenger in the back!!!!

Like Tony said, I didnt want to get involved any further by reporting him etc.

I did my bit by telling him, after that its up to the driver. But the attitude of some people stinks!

• 1 month later...

I agree with Tony - you wouldn't take your car in to a tyre centre and then expect the place you've given your business to, to report you for the fault you've come in to get fixed. Probably not great for repeat business :angry:

Yes of course the driver has committed construction and use offences (and probably other ones, being a taxi) but the main thing is, that it's been fixed with no harm done....

• 3 months later...

I could but i don't think they would be very interested.

As an ex private hire driver I'm pretty sure the local licencing authority would be very intersted to know.

Bit late now but maybe of note for future.

Should have been clearer, I'm not usually one for 'grassing' and it probably wasn't for WIM to do this as the driver was getting the problem rectified with them.

It was more for clients booking cars. If you get in a car and feel/see/know its dangerous, it's worth reporting.

Taxi drivers have a terrible reputation, they're down there with traffic wardens, doormen and such like. There are many that provide a efficient, clean and safe service, but sadly others that dont.

There are very stringent rules regarding taxi operation but often it relies on people reporting a problem first. If you genuinly feel they are unsafe, please report it.

Glad you said that as I feel they shouldn't be allowed to get away with leaving things like this. They obviously knew something was wrong but chose to leave it and risk the lives of their passengers.