Sold my Focus today and bought a new one

SMARTLY

Lovely looking motor - sounds like you know what you are doing when it comes to weeding out the lesser specs! ;)

Looking at swapping out my estate in a few months - will be taking a few tips from you especially the detailing aspect. Seems like the perfect time to put on a really good sealant :)

Weird I posted a picture of the engine yesterday and it's gone. If you look at pisture below you can see quite a bit of space in front of the engine and see the foil underneath on the under tray:

SDC10912_zps5f167cf7.jpg

Went for a little ride to test out the satnav earlier ( people at Ford said no speed cameras but there is if you set the settings right - only got statics to work so a bit more testing required ). It was raining and grey sky so photos not brilliant but no dirt on the car anywhere:

SDC10910_zps1d8aeb93.jpg

SDC10909_zps7792ec3c.jpg

SDC10908_zpsa43975cb.jpg

SDC10907_zps4383462b.jpg

I'm jealous of that "easy to get to" engine. I've just spent 5 hours changing the timing belt on the wife's vectra 3.0 cdti (Izusu). Talk about shoe-horning it in. Glad I've done it myself though, but an extra pair of hands would have been useful putting the new belt on..

Btw white really does suit that shape, very pleased for you :)

is there a way to upload your own POIs

No, but I'm working on it ;) I've worked out the structure of the SD card and backed it up to HDD. So just need to see if they are standard maps and POI ( some say they are TomTom but they may be reformatted / renamed ).

I do love a white car :)

These smaller capacity engines are the way forward the problem is that they are incredibly complex as a result

That's another thing I'm not keen on with newer cars, there is less the home mechanic can do. Plus the more people who buy them and the less VED the government get you just know they will eventually increase it 10 fold to claw back the money they're losing.

They are more complex to work on but still accessible to the home mechanic for most stuff

I do feel I have a ticking time bomb with my Fabia due to the complexity but my mum has just extended the factory warranty on hers for another 2 years for £500 which does give a bit more piece of mind

Thread tidied up - keep it on topic please :)

Apologies  :blush:

Well the handbrake is at the top of the travel so doesn't hold on my drive and the Sat Nav doesn't do what it says in the manual, so car is in later in the week.

That's a bit disappointing, not the most thorough PDI but hopefully they sort it easily and quickly. What's the issue with the satnav?

Handbrake should have been picked up in PDI, Sat Nav is mainly the manual is somewhat lacking. It does say you can search on postcode and house number but there is no where to put the house number, also it picks up speed cameras although that's not in the manual if you set up hazards in the settings but I think it's just statics but I want them to confirm that.

Handbrake on the Focus is on the brake pads rather than inboard brake shoes isn't it?...... If so then it's the cable that's the problem and if so then there's an adjuster just under the handbrake padding with i think a 10mm bolt that you can adjust.

Took it in this morning and the guy in service was saying they should tell you to bed in the brakes before you bring it in for an adjustment as the rear has self adjusters, if you adjust the handbrake too tight too soon then the self adjusters don't work.So I said just adjust it so it will hold on my drive ;)

Took it in this morning and the guy in service was saying they should tell you to bed in the brakes before you bring it in for an adjustment as the rear has self adjusters, if you adjust the handbrake too tight too soon then the self adjusters don't work.So I said just adjust it so it will hold on my drive ;)

What was his solution if you have a steep drive? Park somewhere else until the brakes bed in?  :rolleyes: